Luke

Luke

I wake up and don't fully recognize my surroundings, but then it registered in my mind what happened last night and where I am.

I'm in Ronan's bed.

I look down at the girl sleeping peacefully, as she cuddles into my chest. She looks beautiful.

I've missed this.

All of my wrong doings have caused the very girl, still asleep on my chest, pain.

I catch a glimpse of her right wrist as it moved ever so slightly.

Her scars. I can't help but feel every ounce of guilt, and I deserve it. I was supposed to be there but I wasn't. I let my ego and my craving for popularity ruin my friendship with my best friend.

I wish I could say it was worth it but it honestly wasn't, the parties, the girls, the popularity as a whole gets old.

Ronan never got old. I could never get tired of her but I left her anyway for some dream. It wasn't even as great as it looked in reality.

Getting drunk every night. Sleeping with any girl I want. It all got tiring.

And then I would glance over to Ronan and she'd have her head down. Or be tripped or insulted. She was going through a hard time and I wasn't there for her. And I will spend the rest of my life regretting it.

I'm too deep into my own thoughts that I didn't even notice her stirring. Only noticing when she gets up and walks into the bathroom.

I sigh feeling the cold air hit the spot that she once laid.

She comes out of the bathroom and stands in the doorway. It's like she doesn't know what to say, she's in deep thought.

"Would you like some breakfast ?" She asks not not quite meeting my eyes.

"Uh..., sure" I nod hesitantly. Her lips form a tight lip smile. "Okay, um I'll make some waffles ?" She said unsure, almost asking if that was okay.

I nodded again and she sends me a small smile. She went to go out the bedroom door before stopping.

"Hey uh, thanks for coming over last night. I didn't even realize that I was dialing you. But I really appreciated that." She said before continuing out of the room.

I smiled.

I took a quick shower and changed into some of the old clothes I used to keep over here, and headed downstairs.

The kitchen smelled like chocolate chips.

She remembered my favorite.

"I uh made your favorite." She said looking anywhere but my eyes. She passes me a plate.

I smile widely, "Thank you, Ro." I say while taking the plate from her.

"So what're your plans for today ?" I asked as I munch on my waffle.

"Nothing, really. Will probably just hangout here alone. Mikey, I think has a crush on this girl so he'll probably hang out with her, and Calum has a job so he's working." She sighs.

she must hate being alone.

"I don't have any plans today, we could hangout. You know like old times." I say. I'm hoping she says yes.

"Really ? You'd wanna hang out ?" She says sounding like she doesn't quite believe me.

"Yes, of course." I reply like it's the most obvious thing.

"It's just we haven't really hung out like old times since the summer before sophomore year." She says looking down.

I feel guilty again. "Well I want to but only if you want to as well." I say.

She lifts her head up and smiles. "Yea, I'd like that."

. . .

I can't believe she still manages beat me at MarioKart. I'm literally bamboozled.

"Yes !" She says all excitedly before looking at me and her face falls. "I- I mean, whatever." She says looking around.

I can't help but crack a smile. She notices and smiles too. "You do realize that I've beat you now ten times in a row, just today alone ?" She says.

I lower my head and shake it in defeat. "Please, I totally let you win." I chuckle. She laughs shaking her head. "Yea sure." I sigh, "Okay I didn't let you win." She looks at me with a look that just screams, "uh yea I know" I honestly don't know how she beats me every time. "How do you do that anyway ?" She just shrugs.

"How do you still suck so bad ?" She retorts. Oh I see so that's how it's gonna be. I make a face and just nod my head.

She knows that face all too well. Her eyes widen and she's about to scramble to her feet but I catch her right before. "Luke, No" she says eyes still wide.

"Shouldn't have said that, now you have to prepare for the consequences." I say, backing her into a corner. "We can talk about this, Lu-" she squeals as I tickle her.

Her face is turning red from the laughter. Her laugh is like music to my ears. I'll never get tired of hearing it. "Lu-Luke" she manages to get out through her giggles.

"What ?" I ask acting oblivious. "P-please- St-stop." She says. I raise my eyebrows and continue to play along.

"Stop what ?" I say cluelessly. "Y-you kn-know. St-stop, Please." She says exasperated.

"Hmmm what's the magic word ?" I ask squinting my eyes at her. "Oh not th-this again." She says exhausted.

I repeat the question. "L-Luke this isn't f-funny" she says. I repeat the question once again. "Okay okay, Please ?" She begs desperately.

"Hmm that wasn't the word I'm looking for-" I say bringing my finger up to my chin pretending to think.

"Oh g-god" she groans. That's heaven to my ears. If only I could hear her moan that at another time- I shake the thoughts from my head and continue ticking her.

"I'm not gonna stop until to guess the word." I say eyebrows raised. "D-dick" she states.

"Close, not quite. It was Penis but since you were so close, I'll let you go." I smirk.

"Are you serious ? I hate you for that." She says trying to catch her breath. "Hm you love me." I retort. She rolls her eyes.

. . .

"I still can't believe it was Penis" Ronan says, Annoyed. "Hey it's not my fault that you didn't get it." I say surrendering my hands.

"Ha ha." She says sarcastically while rolling her eyes.

"I want a burger," She pauses. "And fries." She says in deep thought. "Okay well here's a bright idea, how about we go get some then ?" I say sarcastically.

I felt something soft hit my head. I look back at a sheepishly smiling Ronan. She chucked a pillow at my head. My jaw dropped as my eyebrows furrowed.

She laughs at my face, apparently my expression of shock is funny to her.

"Let's go, Ro. Before I change my mind." I warn teasingly.

"You wouldn't-" she says shaking her head. "I would-" I say warning once again. Her eyes widen and she brings her hands up to surrender. "Okay, okay jeez. Let's go Lucas, Mucas." She says as if it's the most clever thing in the world.

"You take that back !" I say looking hurt. "Never" She laughs quietly. I shake my head. Her laugh never fails to bring a smile to my face.