Grocery Store

Ronan

I can't seem to wrap my head around why my peers are so cruel. I did nothing to them, ever.

I look in the mirror and all I see is a broken girl looking back. I wince at my reflection every time I look in the mirror.

I listen to the music that's playing in my room, and relax a little. I try not to think about the fucked up situations I've been on since sophomore year.

Michael and Calum have been bickering all day about which show is better. "Come on you can't seriously think that The Walking Dead is better than Supernatural." Calum groans.

"It's so superior that you can't even name any reasons why Supernatural is better." Michael states as if it's the most obvious thing in the entire world.

Shaking my head, I smile and look over to the both of them.

"You two fight like an old married couple." I laugh. "And Criminal Minds is Superior to both of those shows, but I'll have to admit, Supernatural is in close second." I state, popping a grape in my mouth while walking over to lay on my bed.

Michael looks at me dumbfounded while Calum high fives me. "Ha ! In your face, Michael. Im glad Ronan here has taste." He says sassily.

"I can't believe you just said that, Ronan. I thought you were better than this." Michael says shaking his head in disapproval.

"What do y'all wanna do ?" I say fidgeting with my fingers. "I want food." Michael whines. "Me too" Calum adds dramatically.

I roll my eyes "If you guys wouldn't have eaten all the damn food in my kitchen, there would be food."

"Can we go to the store ?" Michael asks. I sigh, "I guess, but you two better not eat all my damn food again because I also live here."

Michael instantly jumps up and runs down the stairs. I shake my head, "C'mon Calum" I laugh.

. . .

We arrived at the grocery store and before I even got the chance to park, Michael jumped out and ran towards the building that held the food.

Calum and I look at each other and shake our heads at our ridiculous friend.

I park and me and Calum find Michael in the snack cake isle. Figures. He places at least 10 boxes in.

I raise my brow suggestively, "you do realize I'm paying for this shit, right ?" He sighs and puts 5 back.

These boys make me roll my eyes so much that I'm surprised they aren't stuck in the back of my head yet.

Calum and Michael run off like children, where ? I don't even wanna know.

I roll my cart down the isles and get what I actually need like bread, veggies, fruit, stuff to make a proper meal.

I don't know how the boys live off of junk food the way they do. Kind of reminds me of Luke.

C'mon Ronan, It's been 2 years and you still think about him daily, it's time to move on. It's clear he's moved on from you.

I rid my thoughts and grab a can of soup. I'm reading the ingredients when I hear "Ronan ? Is that you ?" From a very familiar voice.

I look up and turn around to see Liz Hemmings. "Hi, Liz ! It's good to see you." I smile at the woman.

"Hello dear, it's good to see you as well. I missed you, the last time we saw each other- "
She notices my smile falter a bit.

"Well we won't talk about that. How's it going ? I missed having you around all the time." She says genuinely.

"It's going alright. I missed being around all the time, but you know how it is nowadays. Busy schedules." I respond not knowing if she knows about the falling out between Luke and I but I assume so because this woman isn't stupid.

I mean he didn't even show up to my moms funeral and she was like a second mom to him.

I forced a fake smile just thinking about the memory. "Well since we miss you so much, I'd love for you to come over for dinner." She smiles at me looking hopeful.

"Oh I don't wanna impose-" I quickly say. "No, no, you won't be imposing. We love having you around." I can't say no. "Okay sure." I smile.

"Is tomorrow okay ?" She asks with that same hopeful glint in her eyes. "Tomorrow is just fine." I reply.

"It's settled then, tomorrow at 6. I'm looking forward to having you again." She hugs me and walks away smiling.

"Ronan, Michael keeps trying to- who was that ?" Calum asks. I look up with a small smile. "Liz Hemmings."

His eyes widens. "Liz Hemmings ? As in Luke Hemmings ?" I nod. "She invited me over for dinner. Says she misses having me around"

"Are you sure that's a good idea ? Does she know about you and Luke ?" He asks in a concerned tone. "I don't know, but I couldn't say know to her Calum, she looked really hopeful."

He nods. And we go find Michael.

. . .

We got back to mine shortly after 4. We had been at the store for an entire hour.

The most of the time was just Calum and I trying to get Michael to put stuff back.

We ended up playing Super Smash Bros. And it ended with me winning, Michael pouting because he lost for once, and Calum laughing because Michael was pouting.

"I always lose man, how do you think that makes me feel ?" He coos trying to make Michael feel better.

"That's because you fucking suck, Calum and I'm a G." Michael says.

"You're so dramatic, now both of you help me clean up the mess that you guys made."

These boys will be the death of me, but not because they make me feel some type of way, but instead because they're like actual children.

We cleaned everything up and ended up watching Criminal Minds on Netflix. Michael finally admitting how good it is after binge watching the first season.

I fell asleep a little later with the tweedle dee and tweedle dumb kicking each other and laughing.

I could never hate these fools.