Chapter-18 (Part-1)

"You walked into the room and now my heart has been stolen
You took me back in time to when I was unbroken
Now you're all I want
And I knew it from the very first moment"

-James Arthur, Can I Be Him
_______________________________________________________________________________

Dean

Sitting in his bedroom, Dean wasn't sure which would be worse: dying of boredom or painting his walls blue. His mother would probably skin him alive if he did that, so he resisted the urge to give the old white-and-wine colour themed walls a makeover. He knew there were a couple unread messages on the group chat from Allen, something about being bored and disowning them all as friends because they were ignoring her, but he hadn't opened them yet. He had planned to, but facing her wrath was not on his bucket list.

A ping sounded through the silent room as his phone lit up with another message on the group, and he was about to ignore it until he saw who it was from. He grabbed it and opened it, rolling his eyes at the group name as he always did. Chris had insisted on the name, claiming that it was based on one of the best books out there, and Allen had backed him up. It wasn't a good idea to go up against the two of them when they agreed on something unless, of course, you had a death wish and desired a face-off with the reincarnates of the devil. Chris and Allen were probably the people who would go berserk if they were stuck in a horror movie, just because someone killed their cat. So the rest of them had agreed.

Six (of Crows)

Elijah:) (11:27 am): Going to the pool with Kade in a bit... come if you wanna

Elijah:) (11:28 am): Also, I don't think you can disown friends... especially just cuz they didn't reply to your texts

Dean chuckled at their antics, and after a moment, made up his mind and replied with: I'm bored and Chris is doing God-knows-what...I'll come. Your school?

Elijah:) (11:30 am): Yep

Nate (11:31 am): Mum and dad are dragging me to some family lunch. Hope you have fun while I try not to suffocate in between all that madness ☹.

Ally (11:32 am): Now you're all online?! I hate ya'll.

Ally (11:32 am): I'll be at the pool in 15.

Ally (11:32 am): Try not to die babe. Say hi to your cousin Leah for me... she's a little cutie. <3

"Since when do you like swimming?" Christian's voice sounded from his doorway, and Dean looked up at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Last time I checked I'm a pretty good swimmer."

"Yeah. And you've never liked it. The point still stands," his twin said with a smirk. "Sure it has nothing to do with the need to impress a certain blond haired, green eyed, swimmer boy?"

Dean glared at Christian, albeit half-heartedly. They both knew he wasn't a huge fan of swimming. But Elijah was doing something to him without even knowing it: the half smiles, the playful jokes... Dean had never felt comfortable enough to be himself around anyone but Nate and Allen, and looking at them had certainly never given him butterflies.

"Shut up," he grumbled; Chris did not need to know his thoughts. "Why would Elijah have anything to do with it? I'm just bored."

"I thought we were over this, little bro. You have a crush on Blondie. No denying it," Chris said as he finally came in, shutting the door and plopping down on the bed.

"Blondie?"

"Blondie," Chris nodded with mock-seriousness.

"I'm so over your absurd nicknames for our friends." At Christian's bland look, he added, "Berry Barbie? Jock-Shock? Seriously?" The nicknames had only gotten more and more absurd over the years.