Chapter-59

"Letting my fears show 'til I can face 'em
Letting my tears go 'til I can taste them
How do I know where you and I go?
Damn it, I hope you come back home
(Ooh)
Come back home"

-Sofia Carson, Come Back Home
________________________________________________________________________________
Elijah

"Are you sure about this?" Elijah asked for the millionth time, making Chris roll his eyes.

They were all sitting in Dean's room, the six of them and even Jessamine. It felt weird, sitting with her like they were friends, considering until a few weeks ago, Elijah had only known her as Brian's sister. But over these few weeks of knowing her, it was clear that she was nothing like him.

"Why are you so against this?" Chris asked. "You should be excited. Hell, I'm more excited than you are."

"I'm not against it. I just don't want Dean to regret it later," Elijah argued, causing Dean to chuckle.

"Li, I won't regret it," he reassured. "I stole these papers months ago for a reason. I knew I'd use them if he ever crossed the line."

Elijah remembered Dean telling him about these papers a while back, proof of Brian's parents cheating their partners off their shares of profits in deals. He knew Dean had threatened Brian with those papers too, warned him to not hurt anyone he loved, but Brian still had, and now, for probably the first time, Elijah was looking at a different side of Dean. He saw the business side of Dean, the boy who had grown up among businessmen and businesswomen who would eat you up like a bunch of piranhas if you didn't match them step for step. (He thought it was kind of a hot look on Dean ;))

Truth was, Elijah wanted him to do it. He hated Brian with everything in him. But Dean wasn't the revenge type, no matter how much he thought right now he won't regret it. He just wanted him to be sure.

"Dude, you literally came up with a whole plan to blame the weed I did on my dad and to prove what a piece of shit he was in five minutes and went through it the same day," Kaeden said, exasperated. "And you're not sure about this? This is something they actually did, and we have actual proof, not a made up one."

"I mean, the only made up part was the drugs," Nate said, shrugging. "That bruise on your eye was all him."

Kaeden gave him a deadpanned look, and Elijah shook his head, but Jessamine spoke up before he could say anything.

"Hold on," she said, her eyes wide. "You guys did what, now?"

There was a moment of silence before Chris burst out laughing at the look on her face, and it wasn't long before the others joined it.

"God, yeah," Allen laughed, patting her shoulder. "That was wild. You should've been there."

"But... you know what, I'm not even gonna ask," she raised her hands, laughing a little too. "But you know, you really should do this. My parents have been embezzling money since forever, and before them their parents. And knowing Brian, Jack and Riley, so will they. It needs to stop."

Elijah let out a deep breath, knowing she was right.

"And what about you?" Chris teased her, nudging her shoulder with his.

She let out a scoff, shaking her head. "As if I'm not probably already kicked off their will or whatever," she rolled her eyes. "I've always been the black sheep there, and now they have a chance to kick me out with 'reason'."

"Well, you're always welcome here," Chris said, his eyes softening at her words.

She gave him a small smile, and Elijah and Dean shared a look.