Chapter-36

I couldn't think of a song for this chapter sooo...
________________________________________________________________________________
Dean

Dean had been staring at his phone for a while now, as if his glare could intimidate the text on the screen to suddenly make sense to him. It didn't. Not in the slightest.

"You still overthinking that asshole's message?" Christian asked, strolling into his room as he munched on popcorn. "You already know Brian is a dramatic bastard. He's probably trying to get into your head with the board meeting coming up. And you're letting him."

Dean didn't say anything to that, not sure how Christian was so casual about this after what Brian had done to him. Dean didn't just hate that guy for his own reasons; he hated him for dragging Christian into their mess.

Chris plopped down on the bed next to where Dean was laying on his stomach, putting the bowl next to him.

"Ever heard of knocking?" Dean asked, raising an eyebrow at his brother as he rolled over, grabbing a handful of popcorn. Christian smacked his hand away, throwing another one into his mouth.

"That peice of crap can't do a damn thing," Chris said. "He's probably still mad about the last time you saw him, 'cuz, you know, you slammed him against the washroom wall. Which, now that I say it out loud, sounds quite kinky."

Dean grimaced; he would push Brian off a cliff and make it look like an accident if he could. Anything other than that being associated with him and Brian together made him want to throw up.

Because him and Brian? Never.

"You're disgusting," Dean rolled his eyes.

"I'm not the one who kissed that dickhead," Chris retorted with a scoff. He loved reminding Dean about that.

Dean cringed at the memory, which was still clear as day, much to his displeasure. Okay, so maybe 'never' was a bit of a stretch. Never again, he amended in his mind.

"Can we not talk about him?" he groaned, his eyes flitting back to the text.

Brian (9:55 pm): Game on.

What in the world Brian meant by that, Dean had no idea. But unlike Christian, he wasn't too keen on dismissing it. Because Brian wasn't one to make empty threats.

Like that time he had threatened to let out the rumors about Christian being in rehab if Dean broke things off with him. He hadn't known the whole story, but he had managed to find out about that bit of information, and he had dangled it over Dean's head. But after a while it had gotten too much, and with his brother's urging, Dean had broken up with him. And Brian had gone through with his threats.

Chris was still paying for it, because Dean had dismissed Brian's threat. Even if people didn't say anything to their face, many of his parents' conservative, hypocritical business partners murmured about how such a good boy had gone down the wrong path and ruined his life and family, or how they always knew that the Hernandez brothers weren't as perfect as everyone said. They had gotten the idea that instead of Christian, Dean would now inherit the business. And Dean was afraid that to save name, their parents might go along with it.

He couldn't let that happen. Because despite whatever dark hole Christian had fallen into a while back, he had spent his life working for this, for being the one to run the business once their parents retired. Dean's dream had always been playing for a D1 college.

His brother snapped him out of his thoughts by throwing a popcorn at him.

"Hello?" Chris asked. "You done getting lost in dreamworld?"