The deal

~(Before marriage)~

**Flashback**

After the incident on my first day of university, I have never met Ethan again. Camila and me have become best friends.

However, two months after the incident I met the devil again.

At the wedding of my mother's friend I met Ethan. I thought he has forgotten about me but unfortunately he still remembers me.

I was talking to some old lady who was asking me if I was single or not when suddenly the devil came to stand besides me. I glanced at him and he was staring back at me. I looked away immediately only to see that the old lady was looking at us curiously.

" Good morning to you too, princess" His deep voice entered my ear.

"What do you want?" I hissed glaring at him. I could tell he was planning something by the look in his eyes.

"Is he your boyfriend sweety?" The lady asked.

"No"

"Yes" The devil replied at the same time as me. My head went up to glare at him. What the hell is he trying to do. I was going to scold him and deny what he had just said when he snaked his arm around my waist and brought me closer to him. I wanted to push him away but his grip was too strong to break free.

"Of course I'm his boyfriend. We just got a little fight that's why she is denying our relationship." He had a mischievous smile on his face. What the heck is playing at!

"Oh I thought you could be the perfect wife for my grandson but I know Ethan Mckenzie is just perfect for you." The old lady said with sadness in her eyes. Really? She would ask me to marry her grandson! My answer for this would have been a big NO whatever happens I'm never ever going to spend my whole life suffering because of a husband/man. I've seen how my mother cried every day as she was abused and my father had many mistresses. I don't want a life like my mother's.

"Don't worry Mrs. Ellie you're going to get a better daughter-in-law than her... one day" Ethan said reassuring the sad lady.

"Yeah I wish that day comes soon. I can say you two really make a great couple. Always be happy together." Mrs Ellie said while walking away from us. I rolled my eyes thinking about what she just said; great couple! Is she blind?

"Seems like I've saved you from marrying a looser and a nerd type guy." Ethan whispered in my ears. I realised how close we were and on reflex I pushed myself away from him.

"You know her?"I asked him as I was confused that how he knows Mrs. Ellie and her grandson.

"Yep.. I know her. She is always searching a bride for her nerdy grandson. And you are welcome I've saved you from being the bride." He said with a smirk on his face.

"Well thank you Mr Mckenzie but I could handle the situation myself. I don't need your help. " I smiled at him and started to walk away from him when his voice stopped me. "You know I can help you in many other ways like paying all the university fees, paying your mother's debt and on top of that repair your mother's childhood house."

How the hell did he know all these?

I turned around to face him again and said

"How do you know my PERSONAL information? "

"Well remember when we first met I said you will pay for what you have done. To do so I needed all your details and I have asked some of my agents to make some research on you." He said, proud of what he had done.