One Lie leads to another

~(Before Marriage)~

**Flashback**

Buzz buzz buzzz..

My phone was vibrating. Who the hell is calling at this time! It was only 4 in the morning for god sake. I was still in my comfortable bed. Without even looking at the ID, I swiped the answer button and pressed it to my ear.

"Hi Miss Huston. I'll be at your place in 2 hours. You better get ready fast." My eyes shot open and I sat on my bed immediately. Why is he coming here?

"Why are you coming here Ethan?" I went to open the curtains. The sky was still dark with stars.

" You really have a short term memory. I am coming to meet my future mother-in-law." All my blood has just run cold. How am I going to tell mom that?

"Yeah. Don't forget to bring a copy of the contract." I sighed. It's going to be a tough day.

"I am not a goldfish princess." With that he hung up. Jerk!

After taking a shower, I went downstairs to help my mom with the breakfast.

" Goodmorning sweety." She kissed my cheeks.

"Morning mom" I faked a smile as I was worried about what would happen next when the devil would be here.

"What is the reason of you waking up so early? As far as I know you never wake so early unless there is a good reason to do so." Mom asked as if she knew something was up.

"Yeah I have classes thus I have to go to university early." I half lied.

My mom nodded and continued with the kitchen work.

" Mom what time do you need to leave for work today?"

"I'm not in a hurry today as Mrs. Parker is replacing me for some time." She gave me a wide smile.

Great.

It's already been 7 o'clock and the devil is not here yet. Has he lied to me?

I would be late to my classes. I sat on the couch staring outside the window and then the clock.

"Sweety is Camila picking you up?"

"No."

"Ok so who are you waiting for then?" I turned towards mom. She was staring at me confused.

"Uh N- no one. I-I was just staring outside looking at... the birds." I lied. Seriously! Birds!

"Birds?"

"Yeah birds. You know there are so many birds living on this tree." Seriously why am I lying to mom. I never did that before. This is all because of the jerk.

"Oh I didn't know that" She came near the window looking at the tree.

'Me too I didn't know that until now.' I thought.

When mom disappeared in the kitchen, Anna sat beside me.

"So what's happening? Why are you staring at the 'Birds'?" She asked sarcastically.

I glared at her and I went near the window to get a better look of the empty road.

"I am waiting for Ethan. He said he is coming to meet mom but-" before I could finish my sentence, Anna grabbed my shoulder and shook me vigorously that I started feeling dizzy. She started screaming and jumping all around.

"Ethan Mackenzie is coming here. At my place. In front of me. OH MY GOD!!!!!"

"What happened sweety? Why are you screaming?" Mom rushed into the living room to see what's wrong with her daughter.