Been waiting for you

Since the day that our secret had been revealed to the family, Ethan had been ignoring me. He would go to work early in the morning or he wouldn't even return home at night and if he would ever see me, he would just act like I'm invisible. I really thought that we were starting to be at least friends but I guess I was wrong. Everything has just become how it were before, we are strangers to each other and let alone talk to each other, we don't even share a smile. Ethan won't even look at me and that's what he was doing right now.

We were having breakfast, with me sitting right in front of him and he didn't even lift up his eyes from his phone to look at me. I don't even know why he is here. I mean he always leaves the house before I come downstairs to have breakfast.

Ma was giving me a sad smile while taking away our plates from the table. My parents-in-law were not at home this morning. Xavier had been encouraging me to talk to him but I couldn't. I mean I barely see him, most of the time he is not at home but right now he is in front of me! I should talk to him!

I was drinking some juice while observing him, most likely staring at him and he didn't even noticed. If anyone would stare at me, I would feel someone eyes on me. Couldn't he feel the same? I want him to talk first or at least snap at me for staring at him. Isn't it annoying him?

After some minutes of staring at him, I got tired of this silence between us so it's time to talk.

"Are you going to work today?" I asked while playing with the empty glass in my hand. I waited for him to answer and when he didn't, I thought he didn't hear me so I was going to asked again but I was cut off by him replying with a no.

That's it one word, no.

"Do you have anything plan today?" I asked. Maybe we can hangout if he doesn't have anything plan.

"Yes." He replied again with only one word.

"So you are coming to my graduation ceremony?" Finally I'm graduating. I'm not feeling excited because I know in one hand I'm achieving something and in the other I'm losing something, the happiness of being surrounded by these people, this family. It's a new start for me as from tomorrow.

"No." Again with one word answer. I just want to crash this empty glass on his head. Let me remind you, he hasn't even look at me for one second while answering. His eyes are still glued on his phone's screen.

"Can you stop with the one word answer? You have been distant with me. At least you can talk to me right now or even look at me." I stated while glaring at him. I've expected some reaction from him but he was still typing on his phone like I didn't say anything.

When he didn't reply me, I snatched the phone from him and glared at him.

"What's your problem woman? Give my phone back!" For once he glanced at me and tried to snatch back his phone but I was quicker and jumped from my chair. I stood a safe distance from him and glared at him.

"Just tell me why you've been acting like an asshole." I backed away from him when he stood up and started to make his way towards me with a furious face. Maybe I should just give him his phone back and pretend that I didn't start a conversation with him.

Unfortunately, it was too late to back down when I am trapped between him and the wall. At least he is looking at me now but with eyes full of rage. Our faces were inches apart and I just wanted to close the gap between us. Was I that attracted to him?

I got out of my stupid thought when I felt his fingers tracing my arms until he reached my hand, making me shiver. Once he reached my hands, he grabbed them and pinned them above my head. He started leaning in and I closed my eyes waiting for his lips to touch mine which really didn't happen. He backed away from me and started to walk towards the door. He did all that only to get his phone from me. How stupid am I!