Stolen First Kiss...

"Left left left... no no a little bit to the right" I told the decorator. Today is my parents-in-law 26th wedding anniversary and we decided to have a party. As I don't have any class today, I was helping with the decoration.

Here, the decorator was placing a big flower decoration on the ceiling and I was guiding him where to place it but the idiot can't understand a simple thing.

"I said a little bit to the right not to the left. Damn it! Don't you know where is left and right?" I'm tired of guiding him.

"M'am it looks good here." He said.

"Yeah it looks good not perfect. Now get down I'll place it myself." I removed my shoes so I can climb up the ladder.

When I reached up, I placed the decoration where I wanted it to be. I was happy to see the flowers hanging beautifully on the ceiling. Satisfied with my work, I started climbing down the ladder.

I was too concentrated on looking at the flowers that I missed one step and lost my balance and started falling down. Instantly, I closed my eyes and braced myself for the impact. I was going to be injured very badly that for sure. I was ready to feel the pain when I felt strong arms wrapped around me. I peeked open one of my eyes to only see Alex smiling down at me.

"I got ya." He said while adjusting me in his arms. He was holding me bridal style. Thank god he caught me in time or else I would be in the hospital.

"Thank you so much, Alex." I smiled at him while wrapping my arms around his neck.

"You're welcome. I've always been your hero." He said proudly while I just rolled my eyes.

"Why the fuck did you climb up the ladder? There are so many people I paid to decorate the house. Can't you just sit down and avoid creating problems?" A voice shouted behind us.

Alex turned us around only to see Ethan glaring at us specially me. I don't know how Ethan and Alex have become good buddies and Ethan knows about our friendship but not the love part.

"Whoa, chill man. She just wanted to help and nothing wrong happened right?" Alex defended me.

"Stop defending her. Why do you help when you can't?" Ethan asked while coming closer to us. Why is he making it a big deal?

"I was just trying to be helpful. Everything is fine, you don't need to make it a big deal. okay?" I argued while removing myself from Alex hold.

"What if you got hurt? The party would be cancelled because of the stupid woman who was trying to be 'helpful'." He snapped while glaring down at me. He was inches away from me and I wanted to punch him hard in the face. I don't understand why he is being an asshole lately, not that he wasn't one already but now he was crossing his limits.

"What's going on here? Ethan, why are you scolding her?" Xavier, Ethan's father, asked.

"She was being stupid." He answered.

"You mean helpful" I argued.

"Can you stop fighting? We are going shopping for the party." Leila said, walking towards us.

"Who are 'we'?" Ethan asked.

"Your father, Tatiana, Alex, me and yourself." Leila answered smiling at us.

"You got to be kidding me. Sorry I really wanted to accompany you mom but as you can see I got a meeting in 10 minutes so I won't be able to come with you. I really wished I could do some awesome shopping. sorry." Ethan said sadly. His father was glaring at him. I guess he also don't like shopping. What's wrong with man not liking shopping? I know it's tiring but it's not that bad.