Chapter 6

Time skip to when they get to Hogwarts

Harry was standing to the side of the Great Hall, waiting for his name to be called. As he waited, he replayed the events before and during the train. Nothing happened, besides James and Lily threatening Harry in a dark corner of Platform 9 ¾, saying that if he did anything to embarrass or affect Polly's popularity negatively, he wouldn't be returning home over the summer. Once he got on the train nobody bothered him, besides this one bossy girl with bushy hair, demanding if he knew where a missing toad was. It did kind of make him sad that nobody wanted to even sit with him, and the one time someone talked to him it was because someone else had lost something.

Harry came back to the present to see that transfiguration teacher, Professor McGonagall, he believed her name was, started calling last names starting with 'N'. After waiting a few more minutes McGonagall called up Polly. The whole hall went silent, everybody was leaning in their seats, trying to get a look at the girl-who-lived, hoping she'd be in their house. Well... every house but Slytherin, though some of them were still sitting on the edge of their seats, trying to get a look at her.

Polly walked up to the stool, which stood in front of McGonagall, and sat down, sitting there with a proud, with a cocky grin on her face. Though she held no pureblood elegance when she did anything, the way she walked around so proud and cocky, being the girl-who-lived and all, surprisingly fooled a lot of people, as they let the lack of pureblood elegance pass, saying that she's the girl-who-lived, so she can live however she wants, or she's too busy training to defeat Voldemort to learn any pureblood elegance, though that one was usually only told by other purebloods. McGonagall set the sorting hat on her head and it instantly screamed "GRYFFINDOR!"

No surprise there.

Everybody at the Gryffindor table started screaming things like "We got Potter!!!" or "We have the girl-who-lived!!!" Although Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff were bummed out about not having Polly in their house, they still clapped, as did Slytherin, though it was only out of respect.

Polly stood up and walked towards the Gryffindor table, full of pride and cockiness. Harry had overheard her parent's say over and over again that Polly would no doubt be in Gryffindor, but if she did end up in any other house they would be happy for her, except Slytherin that is. Harry was a different story. He knew that if he didn't get into Gryffindor, then the kids at Hogwarts would start talking about him, which would take the spotlight away from Polly, which would cause Polly to whine and complain to Lily and James, which would cause him to get punished and make James ban him from the Potter manor, probably even disown him from the Potter family name.

As much as Harry knew it was true, he also knew it was inevitable, because there was no way he was getting into Gryffindor. After she sat down McGonagall looked back down at her list and her smile faded.

"Potter... Harry."