Chapter 7

No one's POV

Everybody in the Great Hall looked at each other in confusion. There was another Potter? Harry slowly went up to the sorting hat, and as soon as he sat down on the stool he tried to make himself as small as possible, though that didn't go well in his favor. Once McGonagall placed the sorting hat on his head it started speaking to him, in his mind of course.

'Well, what do we have here? A secret Potter? Seems nobody knows who you really are, let alone that you were the one to vanquish the Dark Lord, or Tom Riddle as he was called in his school days. Now, let's see... plenty of loyalty, I see... no not Hufflepuff, too dedicated to knowledge to go there, and far too ambitoius and thirsty for power for Gryffindor. Yes Ravenclaw would suit you just fine... no, too cunning and resourceful. I see now... yes, yes I see...'

"Better be... SLYTHERIN!!!" The hat called out. The whole hall froze, shocked. Not only was there another Potter, but he was placed in Slytherin! It was outrageous! But that's not what Harry was concerned about, no, he was worried about what would happen when his parents found out. There was no way he would be able to gain their love now that he was in Slytherin. He knew how his parents felt about Slytherins, even though Lily's childhood best friend was one, and Harry knew they wouldn't be happy when they found out that's where he was sorted. As worried as he was he would rather them yell at him for it then them keep on ignoring him.

Finally Harry stood up and walked over to the Slytherin table. By now everybody had gotten over their shock and was watching Harry walk over to the Slytherin table, either with fear or disgust, but mostly the second one. Harry sat down at the far end, closest to the doors. The sorting went and even though it was taking place, it was clear that most of the kids weren't paying attention to the sorting, and more towards a black haired, green eyed, Slytherin.

Once the sorting was done, with the last kid getting into Slytherin, Dumbledore stood up and talked about the rules and how there was a new teacher this year, and once he was done, the food appeared. Everybody started digging in and talking to their friends, though most talked about one common subject, Harry. Harry watched everybody eat and talk and talk with food in their mouths, it disgusted him. How can someone grow up with such little manners? He kept on getting looks, glances, and glares from people all throughout the hall. He wasn't surprised, but that didn't stop him from wanting to curl up into a ball and hide in a corner for the rest of the feast.

Eventually the feast was over, with Harry eating very little amounts of food, and the prefects of each house were sent to take their house's first years to the common rooms. While they were heading down Harry stayed relatively in the back, as to not cause attention to himself, though that was inevitable since he was not only the boy-who-lived brother, but also the first Potter to be in Slytherin in several generations. Around him he could hear people whispering, snarling, even pointing at him or taking small glances at him, it seemed even the paintings on the walls were talking about him.

Eventually they got to the common room and boy did it scream pureblood. Everything was top notch and looked expensive, from the leather couches and fine dark wood tables, to even the outlining of the fireplace.

The male and female prefects did their speech on where the dorm rooms were, that boys were on the left and girls on the right, and that there were three per room (Since there are technically 40 kids per year and around 10 would go to each house though that is estimate and a guess not exact, please don't yell at me in the comments-), and when curfew was, as well as when lights would be turned off. After they were done, they moved to the side and let the head of Slytherin, Severus Snape, give his speech.

Srry I haven't posted in a while, I'll try to post more often, and as weird as this sounds, as soon as school starts back up for me I'll probably start posting weekly, of every other week, again. Don't ask me how that makes sense just except it, anyways I will try to post at least another one or two times before school starts and trust me, you'll know when school starts for me- anyways thank you all for being patient with me and I love you all byeeeeeeee