Chapter 16

No One's POV

Eventually Harry left the bathroom and, like all the other Hogwarts students, went home on the Hogwarts express, to be reunited with their parents once again, though something had changed in Harry. The small hint of hope in his eyes was gone, leaving a dull, dark, depressing pool of green behind. Harry's determination, determination to gain his parents' love, was gone. The ugly truth finally sank in. His parents would never love him.

Eventually the train got to Platform 9¾ and students started to get off. When Harry got off the train he saw Remus and Sirius talking with Molly Wealsey, with Ron and Polly chatting next to them, waiting for the Weasley twins to get off the train. Harry walked up to them and tugged on Sirius's cloak. Sirius looked down at Harry and at first was confused, of course he didn't remember his own godson, but once realization hit him, instead of apologizing for ignoring Harry for ten years, he squatted down and opened his arm, no doubt wanting a hug.

"Pup! It's been a while, come give your godfather a hug." He said with a toothy grin. Harry shifted his feet and looked at the ground, an awkward silence formed between the two. After a few seconds of Harry not even making a move to go towards Sirius's embrace, Sirius sighed, sounding disappointed, and sat up. "Come on, let's take you home." he said, sounding annoyed.

Harry hesitantly took his hand as Polly took Remus's, and they all apparated to the Potter Manor. As soon as they got there Polly grabbed Sirius's hand, while still holding onto Remus, and dragged them to the living room where Lily and James would no doubt be, completely forgetting about Harry.

After a few seconds Harry let out a sigh and picked up his trunk and made his way to the library, holding back tears. It still hurts.