Chapter 8

No one's POV

"Before I send you off to bed, I would like to state a few rules we have here in Slytherin. Besides the basic rules, like no going out after curfew and no going into the forbidden forest, there are a few we have in Slytherin to make sure our house not only keeps its dignity alone but also so that you all are less likely to get harmed or hurt by others surrounding you. Slytherin is considered the evilest house out of the bunch, meaning all the other houses, most notably Gryfindor, will try to find your weaknesses and flaws and use them against you, and that goes for arguments with fellow housemates as well. Because of this I demand that any arguing amongst you all stays in here. Out of this common room we are a united house, one where you mess with all when messing with one. On another note, getting caught is not permitted here, if you do any sort of rule breaking, you better hope it is me who finds you doing so, or better yet, no one finding you at all. The common room password right now is 'Serpent' but will change weekly, so make sure to check the build board every Monday before leaving the common room, or else you won't be able to get back in, if you do not know the password, ask me or a prefect, we will help you. And one more thing, NEVER tell ANYONE from any of the other houses the common room password" Snape said looking around at all of the first years, though he looked directly at Harry when saying the last part.

After he was done with his speech he started walking towards Harry, with every child parting for him to have an easy path to Harry. Once he got to Harry, who was incredibly intimidated by Snape and was shaking in fear just by how Snape glared at him, Snape leaned his upper half down towards Harry, to the point where Snape was in Harry's face, then he started to talk.

"Let me make something very clear to you, Potter, you do not belong here. So don't get comfortable." Snape said, with nothing but venom in his voice, before rising and dismissing everybody to go to their dorms. Most started talking with their friends, just hanging out in the common room, while few went to go to their dorms and get situated, Harry being one of those few.

After a short walk, he got to a door that had his name, as well as two other names on it.

Draco Malfoy and Theodore Nott.