sixteen

They kisses again and again. This went on for days between the two, but was never talked about.

"Daddy's gotta go to work, okay?" Geoff said as Awsten shook his head tiredly. He heard Geoff's alarm go off for work and it was 5 A.M.

"Yes baby, daddy's gotta go to work. maybe if I get enough money we can go to Disney!" Geoff whispered enthusiastically as Awsten smiled.

"Let me tuck you back in now, beautiful." Geoff spoke in a low tone as he guided Awsten to his bed. He climbed in as Geoff pulled the blanket over him.

"Goodnight, angel."

"Ni ni dada.." Awsten said as he drifted off to sleep. Geoff kissed his head and smiled,

"I love you." And then he left for work. Awsten didn't hear it, but if he knew what he said he'd probably wish he had heard it. Those three words were beautiful music that wondered in his ears and down to his heart which always made him feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.

—-

Geoff smiled as he opened the door to the apartment, but his face dropped at the messes of paint on the counter, on the nice tan carpet that was in the living room, on the walls, his controllers were on the couch the white one being messily coated with pink, and he looked at the floor behind the kitchen island seeing a broke glass. Geoff walked to Awsten's room looking at his door that had two pink hand prints with his name messily spelled under it. He sighed and opened the door.

There Awsten was crying with pink all over him, even in his hair.

"What happened here?" Geoff walked over to him.

"I dropped... I... Glass a-and I'm-I'm-I'm sow-sorry." Awsten choked out.

"It's okay we all make mistakes.. why did you paint everywhere..?" Geoff asked as he lifted Awsten up so he was standing up.

"Wanted... want to make house pretty.."

"Where's Jawn? He was supposed to take care of you today."

"He weft..." Awsten frowned as Geoff took a deep breath, picking up Awsten and bringing him to the bathroom.

"Do you need help?" Geoff asked watching Awsten shook his head.

"Are you sure? You seem really small..." Awsten stood for a second before shaking his head 'no',

"Okay.. I'll make a bath and I'll put in extra bubbles!" Geoff smiled, Awsten smiled back.

Once the bath was made, Geoff turned around and closed his eyes as Awsten got undressed and got in. He sat down next to the bath, watching as Awsten played with the bubbles. He was so adorable. Geoff grabbed the shampoo and scrubbed it into his hair.

"Thats feews soo gooood," Awsten nuzzled his head against Geoff's fingers, whining once he took his finger away. He grabbed a cup that sat at the side and dunked it under water.

"You ready?" Geoff asked, watching Awsten nod and smile as he looked up. Geoff made airplane noises and then poured the water onto Awsten's head. Awsten put his head down smiling as Geoff called him a good boy.

"Can I wash your body or do you not want that?" Geoff watched as Awsten shook his head, "okay! That's okay. Get out and put underwear on, I'll dress you and then you can help daddy clean."

"Noo!" Awsten whined.

"Yes baby, do you need help getting in a towel?" Geoff asked, watching Awsten nod. He got up and grabbed a towel, looking away before wrapping him in the towel.

Geoff picked him up and brought him to his room then put him down.

"Do you wanna wear pajamas or regular clothes?"

"Nap." Awsten said as he waddled to his bed and laid on it. When Geoff came back with shorts and a hoodie Awsten fell asleep. He didn't feel comfortable taking the towe off of him to he tucked him in with the towel on and left the room, smiling. He would just have to clean by himself.