Chapter Nineteen

The world may have changed, but the people didn't. Power was still something that is being fought for in the streets of New York – Hell's Kitchen to be exact. The Snap has erased half of the population by random but it wasn't entirely fair when it came to the numbers fighting to maintain order in the streets; with limited manpower, the authorities in New York were struggling to keep their power in the streets of Hell's Kitchen as gangs have been expanding more territory, recruiting more and more members that it was too much for them to handle. One of the most violent and growing gangs that has been plaguing New York and camps made by the refugees of the Snap, is the Aryan Brotherhood.

There have been a couple of instances before the Snap that the Aryn Brotherhood were involved with, mostly with the city's own vigilantes, which were the Devil of Hell's Kitchen, and The Punisher, but even though their numbers were decreased by the latter, they kept of replenishing and growing. Recently, the Aryan Brotherhood has been the thorn at the side of the NYPD; their transactions with drugs, and hate crimes, and murders have been seen on display in the streets, but with no evidence or even the power to take them, the authorities were left sitting ducks.

One of their most-used establishments for their gatherings and transactions was located in Hell's Kitchen. It was rumored that one of their own defected and disappeared, only to come back and lay waste on the place; the man's reason for leaving was rumored to be because he found God. But it was hard to find God with what he did to the people in that place. But as said, there will always be people that follow the Aryan Brotherhood, and no matter how many of them are killed, as long as the root is still planted, they will just keep growing and growing. Like HYDRA.

It was Kusack's son who became the new leader after his father was killed by the mentioned rogue years ago. He was much like his father when it came to his attitude and appearance. He also had a way of keeping up the tradition in their little restaurant – every Friday night was poker night for him and his "generals", of course, the location was high guarded with their men who have no problem in showing off their weapons to intimidate people. It was a Friday night, around ten in the evening, the members of the Brotherhood have gathered in the basement of their establishment to play a good round of poker. Of course, weapons weren't allowed, but who would ever follow that rule?

They were in the middle of their game, talking about their latest problems in the streets. It was easier to talk about business while playing, it makes it more interesting. And that night Kusack's was interested in the outcome of his game.

"When's the shipment coming?" asked Kusack.

"Shipment? Haven't you heard about what happened in the docks?" said one of his generals.

"What?"

"No one's been able to get close to the cargo – every man we sent was killed."

Kusack cursed under his breath. "Fucking Punisher."

"It ain't just the Punisher. This one's different."

"Jesus Christ, since the Avengers became a thing more and more costumed freaks have been walking around the streets. What do they call him now?"

"He's on the paper, people call him Red Ghost."

Kusack laughed cynically. "People hiding behind masks – they're nothing but cowards, that's what they are. They hide behind their masks so the people they kill can't see their faces!" The lights went out. "Jesus Christ," he muttered. "Michaelson, check the breaker, would you?!"

No one answered.

"Oi!"

Still, no one came in to answer the calls of their bosses and their boss' boss. The lights came back, but something was wrong. No one has come down to check on them or to report what happened. They all got up from their seats and climb up back to the bar to see what was wrong, and when they got there the bar was empty. Their men weren't in the posts standing or behind the counter, even the big one outside who was supposed to be standing outside the window was missing.