Chapter Thirty-Three

Waking on a bed startled Rebecca, but then she felt Mark's arms around her and she remembered what happened last night and she laid down on her spot, letting Mark hold her as he slept. She could feel their naked bodies under the covers, their legs tangled together, and Mark's steady breathing. What happened last night was something she never imagined doing, she even made up her mind that with her line of work she might not ever have sex, but then last night happened, and she did it with Mark. Her friend. Though she had to admit since the night he kissed her, there were times when she imagined that it was more than just a kiss they shared that time, but whenever those thoughts popped up, she would quickly push them back and focus on her job. Now that it has happened, she couldn't seem to push those thoughts away, especially when she could still feel his touch and kisses from last night.

Finally steering away, Mark sat up and stretched. Rebecca got up as well and watched him as he tried to keep his eyes open, he was struggling and was slightly confused when he saw that he was in a different room, then he saw her, sitting beside him, naked, and watching him with an amused grin.

"That wasn't a dream," he whispered.

Rebecca laughed. "You must be really tired to think that it was."

"Holy shit."

Rebecca got out of bed to go to the bathroom, not caring she did it naked. "I'll wait until it sinks in... or you could join me here?" She turned to him.

Mark turned and saw her standing by her bathroom door, naked and waiting for him. He quickly threw the covers off of him and ran to the bathroom to join her. Stepping in the shower, with the water pouring over their heads, he quickly brought Rebecca to a kiss and continued what they started last night.

After their shower, Mark had to leave for work, he snuck into his room to get a change of clothes and then went back to Rebecca's to say his goodbye, it ended with him kissing her longer than he should be.

"Do you have work with the GRC this week?" Mark asked.

"I quit my job," Rebecca told him.

"Wait, seriously?"

"Yeah, they were making me swear my allegiance to Walker," she rolled her eyes. "Steve never made me swear to anything."

Mark smiled sadly, he cupped her face and kissed her again. "I'll drop by later, after work."

"Don't worry, I'll be here all day... of I'm not, it means I'm off babysitting the hundred-year-old child living in the other building."

The mention of Bucky – thought in a teasing manner – had Mark frozen. He has totally forgotten that Bucky was Rebecca's adopted father, and there were a couple of problems; one, he was born in the nineteen-twenties, so his idea of courting doesn't involve having sex before it even starts; two, he's Sargent James Buchanan Barnes. Though Mark was practically invincible with his powers, he still didn't like the idea of the man – who was the Winter Soldier – hunting him down for this.

"Quick question, how is Sargent Barnes? Is he dating anyone?" Mark asked.

"He can't even stand to see the tiger filters on the photos," Rebecca rolled her eyes. "And he quickly diverts the conversation when it's about sex, so..."

"Yeah, thanks for the heads up," Mark kissed her again. "I'll see you later."

The days that followed Rebecca stayed at home. The GRC gave her the warning to stay clear of the locations she has given them and not engage in their business, or else she will be arrested. So, when Sam told her about the intel that he got from Redwing about where the Flag Smashers were, she had to decline his offer of her going with him. He understood her reason to stay clear for the time being but promised to keep her posted if they needed help. Though it annoyed her that she couldn't be there to help Sam with the Flag Smashers case, Rebecca wasn't brooding the entire time. Mark would to her apartment and occasionally spend the night with her. When he had the day off, he finally got to take Rebecca on a date, but they didn't really stay out long since they much preferred to be in her apartment and have a couple of beers and talk.