Chapter Forty

The target was three AIM trucks that were being transported with high security. No one knows what it was inside those trucks, even the ones who were after it had no idea what it was or which truck it was being kept, all they knew was that it was a valuable weapon that people wanted. It could be weapons, with the GRC still on the move with their new approach to help people, criminal organizations have been taking advantage of the instability of state forces. In this case, it was no criminal organization that was after the AIM weapon, but rather a man by the name of Rudolph Connors, former AIM employee, former CIA, and former Global Defense Agency agent who, after the GDA's shutdown, turned to sell state information to criminal organizations and terrorists. Connors has been on the radar of the FBI, CIA, and Interpol for the past couple of months. He has been targeting multiple AIM transport trucks and has been stealing their weapons and selling them to his clients.

The man's goal was simple, to sell weapons for a good price, but there was something about this one that he was so fixated on getting that he even paid top mercenaries for the job, and no one knows what it was, and AIM wasn't giving them any information to what that weapon they were keeping.

Sitting in a café by the road, Rebecca watched the truck through her glasses with the AI collecting bits of information she needed about it. Usually, her suit could identify everything inside, but there was one element that the suit is unable to give her its information. The package. She followed the truck being transported as it got into traffic.

"What do you see?" Sam asked.

"Traffic," Rebecca answered after drinking her coffee. "But other than that, nothing, no signs of Connors nor any suspicious movements."

"What about the package?" Bucky asked.

"Unknown."

"What do you mean unknown?"

Rebecca's brows furrowed. "Unknown – it's got nothing on it, but it's emitting some kind of energy. Whatever AIM is transporting is clearly off the books... or out of this world. Should we call SWORD?"

"Since when have you been goody-goody with SWORD?" Sam snorted.

"Since I got Captain Rambeau's number on speed dial," Rebecca got up from her seat and followed the truck as it moved from the traffic. "It's on the move, tailing it now."

Rebecca got on her motorcycle that was parked by the café and tailed the AIM truck a couple of paces behind, the traffic flow became free and they were soon getting on San Francisco Bridge. She heard Bucky saying that he was trailing behind her, and Sam was just above them somewhere in the skies. When she checked her side mirror, she saw a couple of people clad in black, riding motorcycles getting close to her, she checked her other mirror and saw that there were a couple there as well.

"I'm surrounded," she called out. Then from above the truck, Rebecca saw someone walking with a rifle pointed at her. "Shit!" She maneuvered her motorcycle out of the way as the man tried to get her. "They already got the truck! Someone must have access inside AIM!"

As she tried to avoid getting shot at, Rebecca saw that the men on the motorcycles got out swords – Japanese swords. Summoning her suit under her jacket, Rebecca got out her arm and blocked the swing of the blade, upon clashing with her vibranium-covered arm, the blade snapped, and Rebecca got out her vibranium sword and stabbed the motorcycle's wheel, sending the rider to crash.

"I'm on your six," Bucky spoke. "Try to get on the truck, I'll take care of these guys."

"On it," after taking down another rider beside her, Rebecca sped up her motorcycle to get close. Just as she came close, the man firing the rifle shot in her direction again, and this time it got Rebecca's wheel, she jumped off her motorcycle and stabbed her knife on the AIM truck's wall. When she looked up, she saw the man pointing the rifle at her, but before he could shoot her down, Redwing came and shot him instead.