Chapter Twenty-Nine

"You didn't like Lord of the Rings?!" Mark exclaimed.

Rebecca smiled in amusement as she watched Mark start explaining what made the whole trilogy the greatest movies and books in the fantasy genre. It was a late Saturday night, Oliver and Deborah were fast asleep in their apartment, Bucky just left to went back to his before his curfew, and with their families already settled for the night, Rebecca and Mark sat down on her couch eating the food they had delivered and a couple of beers. It became some sort of a routine of theirs for the past few weeks, if Rebecca wasn't working, they would hang out in her apartment to just talk and eat a lot of junk food, and act their age (or physical age, rather for Rebecca). It has been fun for them both, to have this sort of bond since they didn't really have any friends outside their small circle.

"Fine, how about Star Wars?"

Rebecca shrugged. "It was okay."

"Star Trek?"

"Never watched it."

"Alright, how about Game of Thrones?"

"I only finished the first season last week," Rebecca admitted. "And I have to say, I'm kind of enjoying it."

"Kind of?"

Rebecca bit her lip to stop herself from grinning. "Why, am I required to love it?"

"Kind of?" Mark shrugged.

Rebecca laughed, she grabbed a slice of pizza from the box and took a huge bite. Mark chuckled when he saw that she got a bit of sauce on her chin, he grabbed a napkin and handed it to her.

"How is it that you no matter how many you eat,  you still manage to keep your shape?" Mark asked. "One time I ate a whole box and I gained like five pounds."

"Because I go to the gym when I can... and I have a fast metabolism," Rebecca added the last part. She then glanced at him and took a quick look at his body. "And don't worry, you look fine."

Mark raised a brow. "What does that supposed to mean?"

"Exactly how it's supposed to mean."

Mark sighed. "Can you at least tell me that you watched The Shining?"

Rebecca avoided his look and continued to eat.

"You haven't?!"

"Look, I'm a really busy person."

"You just said that you liked to have my brother around because he fills up the vacant hours."

"Okay, recently, I've been having a lot of free time," Rebecca sighed.

The last job she had since the Hex Anomaly was just last week with the FBI. It was a week-long investigation, and since then, things have been quiet. She hasn't been receiving any calls from James Woo or any of her contact in the government, and for someone who relies on that kind of job, it was a bit alarming. Though, if it came to the point of her losing contract works with them, Rebecca decided to apply for a spot in the FBI for a more stable income, and if not the FBI, maybe the CIA.

"What about you? How's work?" Rebecca asked. "You never really told me what you do."

Mark sighed. "Well, I bet it's not as exciting as what you're doing."

"Try me."

"I'm kind of in-between jobs until I get my degree, which would take me a while to do so since things are still chaotic," Mark said.

Rebecca frowned. "What about your mom? Has she found a job?"

"Yeah, she has... before the Blip, she used to work as a Real Estate Agent, and she was the best, she now works in a real estate company, behind a desk."