Chapter Thirty-Six

Rebecca couldn't make herself look at Ayo as the woman glared at her and Bucky. Ayo wasn't just her friend, she was her teacher, when King T'Challa offered Rebecca the chance to train with their elite military force, it was Ayo who taught her, built her again, and officially her the name of Wraith or Isiporho, in their native language. From the very beginning of their mission – since Zemo broke out of prison – Rebecca knew that the Dora Milaje would come for him, and even though she knew, she still didn't know what to say to ease their anger, because there wasn't.

"How could you free him?" Ayo questioned Bucky.

"We needed his help."

Ayo glowered at them. "With time, will, and resources, the Winter Soldier programming, and the Creature implant were removed from you both like a rotten fur."

"And we're grateful for that. I'm grateful for everything that you and Shuri have done..."

"Zemo murdered our King T'Chaka at the U.N., the man who chose us, who chose me to protect him."

"I understand."

"Very little, if anything, of our loss and our shame," Ayo then regarded Rebecca then spoke in Wakandan. "We have given you a home, made you one of us, which has never been done before. It is not only me that you shame, but as well as Princess Shuri."

"She didn't know –" Bucky began but fell silent when Ayo turned to him.

Rebecca spoke in Wakandan. "He's a means to an end."

"Eight hours, Wraith," Ayo turned to Bucky. "White Wolf. Then we come for him." She held out her hand and Bucky handed the kimoyo beads to her, then Ayo walked away.

Once she was gone, Bucky and Rebecca went back to Zemo's Latvian Residence. Neither of them spoke to one another the whole way, Bucky couldn't bring himself to as Rebecca warned him about this already, Rebecca on the other hand was trying to think of a way to finish the mission before the eight hours were finished or before it was finished, it was best to deliver Zemo to the Dora Milaje before the time. Arriving in the house, Bucky and Rebecca saw Sam sitting on a counter stool and Zemo just exiting the bathroom after taking a bath.

"The Wakandans are here, they want Zemo. We bought us a little more time," he said.

"Were you followed?" Sam asked.

"No."

"How can you be so sure?" Zemo asked.

"Because I know when I'm being followed."

Rebecca got out her phone to see if she got any messages, she got one from Mark that asked if she was alright then a link to a news article online. Opening it, Rebecca saw the headline and she sighed.

"It was sweet of you to defend me at least."

"You shut it, no one's defending you. You killed Nagel," said Sam.

"Do we really have to litigate what may or may not have happened?"

"There's nothing to litigate! You straight shot the man!"

"Sam," Rebecca called after seeing the latest headline. "Karli bombed the GRC supply depot." Bucky came to her side to see the article.

Sam was stunned. "What? What's the damage?"

"Eleven injured, three dead. They have a list of demands and are promising more attacks if those demands aren't met." Bucky answered.

"She's getting worse. I have the will to complete this mission. Do the two of you?" Zemo asked them.