Chapter Forty-Nine

"Okay, all the leads that could point to the Hand is dead. No thanks to you," Rebecca muttered as she paced around the room.

"Oh, yes, it's my fault!" Michael rolled his eyes. "I did you a favor."

Rebecca and Frank followed Michael to his base under the bridge to talk about strategy. It was the best call to do since neither of them knew what to do next or where to go. Michael managed to tap into all the security cameras in New York City, which was dangerous in Rebecca's case. He could see everyone moving and where they were going. Rebecca didn't doubt that he already knew where she or Bucky lives, and if he does, the question was why hadn't he done anything?

"How about next time you brag about killing every HYDRA agent or Hand operative, you'd actually do it," Rebecca sat down on the seat across from him. Glaring at him.

"What, I missed! It's not my fault! What about that red-jumpsuit friend of yours, he said that he cut down all the Fingers," Michael scoffed.

"The day I'd believe that the Devil of Hell's Kitchen killed someone is the day you grow up."

Frank sighed loudly as he watched the siblings – adopted siblings – argue. "What else do you know about them? If they're still here, then it'd mean that they're coming from somewhere."

"I don't know," Michael answered.

"Where are they based?"

Frank and Rebecca exchanged glances in confusion. "How about links to other members?" she asked.

"Beats me."

"Oh, so you just kill people you think is a member of a secret organization starting with an 'H'?"

"You saw what we had to deal with, right? They're not in the right mind anymore, besides, the last time I asked questions, they just started having a seizure and die."

Frank's brows furrowed. "So, someone's pulling the plug."

"Obviously."

Frank gestured for Rebecca to follow him. They both left the building and went to the van that he parked not far, he made sure to see if Michael placed anything on it – explosives or tracking devices. There was nothing.

"I don't trust him," said Frank.

"Oh, you think I do?" Rebecca scoffed.

"I think you're desperate and it's pushing you on the deep end. Listen, not long ago, there were rumors that Roxxon Corporation was involved with some shady business."

"It's Roxxon, Frank, they always do something shady – drugs, illegal weapons, human trafficking."

"And from what I saw, it was ninjas who did the transports."

"You don't think..." Rebecca whispered.

"A huge possibility, I might know someone who could get inside, ask questions."

"Give me seventy-four hours to get this, and once we do, I want you to cut deals with this creep... look, you don't have to pull the trigger if you don't want to. I could do it for you."

Rebecca frowned. "You do that, I'll keep an eye on Michael. Be careful, Frank."

Nodding, Frank got in his van, waved goodbye to Rebecca, and drove away.

For the next two days, Rebecca stayed with Michael and kept watch and trying to look out for the Hand in their huge monitor room. All the way in Los Angeles, however, Sam and Bucky have been investigating AIM, but based on what they told her, AIM was keeping their door closed and there haven't been any movements from the corporation other than their usual deals with the government and companies.