Chapter 4: The Party (Part-1)

Fanny Chamberlin is sitting in her room looking angry and disappointed, 'she tricked me!' her plump lip turns into a curl.

At that time, she just learned that her so-called best friend, Karen Anderson, the Cheerleader captain in St. Martin Academy, broke her promise.

'She didn't ask her boyfriend to invite me in Empairia...' she hits her desk to release her frustration, 'so I have to join that crappy Gardenia Kingdom!'

She hears rumors from one of the VIP students that Gardenia is designed to lose.

'It has the most rural civilization among two other kingdoms, the city has no defensive wall whatsoever so it can easily be attacked by other kingdoms, and is located at the center of the world, in between Empairia and Jahim!' she then covers her head with both hands, 'what am I supposed to do? There's no way I can win this silly game!'

All of sudden, she hears a buzzing sound coming from her phone and see her mother's name displayed on the screen.

She briefly picks it up, "Yes, Mum, is something wrong?"

The ginger-haired teen can hear sobbing from the other line.

"Oh Fanny dear, I think our family is doomed!" her mother answers while still crying.

Actually, Fanny already knows that her family is facing an economical crisis, that's why she secretly applied for a scholarship at the beginning of her second year. But her father reassured her not to be worried about it since he will handle it.

"What? What happens?" she baffles, while quickly standing up from her chair, 'so, now, I'm going to be poor, like those parasites...' She then quickly recalls Gabriella's face and it sickens her.

"He can't pay his debt, dear, so we don't have any option other than selling the company... and even the house..."

"That's it?" cupping her mouth in disbelief, while her heart shattered into pieces, "Is there no way out?"

Her mother quickly changes her tone; she tries to compose herself, and replies, "Well... I heard from my friend that her daughter in St. Martin applied as a beta tester for a game..." her mother pauses for a brief second to recall the title of the game but fails, "she said that if her daughter can win this game, she will receive a lot of money as a prize and a good career in the future."

'I hear it too... that's why the VIP students compete to win this silly game, not only for the money but also for the honor... they want prestige among other aristocrats...' Fanny grips her phone tightly, 'but of course, they have the upper hand by joining Empairia and reserve that kingdom only for themselves. Empairia has the most advanced civilization, so it will be an easy win for the VIPs against Gardenia or Jahim...'

"Fanny, are you still there, dear?" her mother sounds worried, "Were you listening to me, honey?"

"Yes, Mum, sorry, my thought was going elsewhere..."

Her mother sighs, "So, can I ask you a favor to join this game and win it for us, dear?" she then adds, "don't hesitate to use any means necessary, dear, our family's fate depends on your victory..."

"Don't worry, Mum, I've already joined this game and will win it for sure!" She honestly doubts whether or not she can win this game, but for now, she wants her mother to calm down.

"That's my daughter..." she relieves, "Now, I am already late for the fundraising Gala hosted by Rebecca Anderson in her summer-house, you know her daughter, Karen, right?"