Chapter 13: The Evil Plot-1

There was an evil plot inspired the creation of the War of three kingdoms online (WOTON). It was initiated for the first time by the most prestigious institution in the country to screen potential candidates for world war three. Although this secret program is currently ongoing in a certain elite school, invisible to the commoners' eyes, it will greatly impact the future of the world.

***

The Ministry of Defense of the United States is located in a building called Pentagonal. Inside the premise, a special room is dedicated to monitoring players' progression in WOTON and only can be accessed by limited staff. In there, hundreds of monitors are installed with around twenty staff in charge to handle several screens at once.

Later that evening, around 7 PM, Mark Howell is surprised after receiving a report about students named Gabriella Lopez and Kyle Adam having achieved a limited title at such a low level. This title is a remark for the first achiever and cannot be obtained again by another player.

"I see, can you show me the video on how this girl kills 100 plus monsters in a single blow?" the minister of defense orders one of his staff, soon after he enters the room.

The IT staff in charge to supervise the Gardenian Kingdom quickly shows him the video on the main LED screen.

"I see," he smiles after he witnessed Gabriella's excellent in-game performance, "she did well, don't you think so, Richard?" Mark seeks an agreement from the CEO of Lewis digital technology, Richard Lewis who stands next to him.

Mark Howell knew that in war, teamwork played a crucial role for victory. That's why he personally asked the game developer to create the main quest that couldn't be solved individually. The goal was to select individuals who possessed critical thinking, persistence, and intelligence above average.

Richard Lewis was already inside the restricted facility a few hours before the minister of defense came. The middle age man is observing the monitor with a stern face, "I think she's just lucky," Richard utters pessimistically, hiding his disappointment that Gabriella manages to outshine his son, Alexander Lewis.

"Lucky?" Minister Mark Howell scoffs. "I believe that's not the case, my friend. I mean, look at her. She starts at the most primitive civilization and is a very underdeveloped Kingdom."

"True, but..."

However Mark doesn't like to be cut even by an important person such as Richard Lewis, "But she manages to be so powerful compared to other immortals," he continues, "she even chose a support class... isn't that role is similar to combat medic who doesn't suppose to have a high destructive ability in war?"

"Yes, Mark, you're right..." Richard's eyes glint from the bright monitor screen inside the dim room, leering at the sole benefactor of WOTON, "But this is just the beginning... We cannot make a rushed conclusion before the dungeon event starts," He secretly hopes, in time, his son can raise to the top and becomes MVP in WOTON.

"Ah yes, the dungeon," Mark Howell grins, "We'll see whether or not she manages to finish that mission..."

***

[System: the Gardenia Kingdom, Civilization Lv-1]

Sinwen, the city guard of the Gardenia Kingdom, friendly greats the two immortals who approach her, "Welcome back, immortals, I believe you've taken care of those pests for me?"

Gabriella Lopez and Kyle Adam nod in unison.

"Thank you so much, now I don't have to worry about our food supply for a while..." Sinwen feels at ease.

All of sudden, a blue notification window pops up in front of Kyle and Gabriella - [System: you gain 10000 experience points on finishing your first main quest]