Chapter 4: The Party (Part-2)

Gabriella Lopez can feel the heat coming from the sun once she arrives at the grassland, just right outside the Gardenia Kingdom. It is around noon in the game world.

'Even the sun feels real...' she murmurs while looking above at the sun. Her eyes frown from the intense sunlight, 'this virtual world is amazing... I wonder how much money they spent to make it so real...'

"Are you ready, Gabby?" Fanny asks her with a friendly tone, "don't forget what I said before, okay?" she winks.

"O-okay..." Gabriella slightly nods, she honestly doesn't like that Fanny requests her to be unfair to Rajesh, but she doesn't want to disappoint her friend. Deep inside, she still hopes that they can be close friends again.

As an elven blade dancer, Rajesh Singh and Fanny Chamberlin attack by equipping dual-wield daggers as their main weapon. This close-combat job is specialized to attack the enemies with high speed. Since blade dancers are categorized into a DPS (damage per second) role. They can use three active skills: twin slash, shadow somersault, and deadly dance.

Fanny's eyes glint when she sees a group of brown-furred rabbits nearby, she quickly sneaks near to the colony, and attacks one of them with her first skill, "twin slash!" she shouts, while swiftly slashing the rabbit with both daggers in her hand—Slash-slash!

All players need to use a verbal command to activate a skill.

"Eeek!" The rabbit squeaks soon after it receives a surprise attack from the female-blade dancer; the small rodent quickly turns into blue pixelated bubbles and disappears.

[System: you have used twin slash against the brown rabbit and it suffers 50 damage points. Charging the enemy by using a sneak attack adds 10 damage points. Your enemy suffers total damage of 60 points]

She smirks to see that she manages to kill an enemy only by using one skill, 'not bad, huh?' she murmurs, praising herself, 'I know a blade-dancer is the best job for me!'

"Fanny, watch out!" Rajesh yelled when he sees the other rabbits are triggered to attack her at the same time.

Aware of the danger nearby, the ginger-haired elf spontaneously activates her second skill, "shadow somersault!" This is the blade dancer's second skill to dodge the enemies' attack by flip jumping backward while creating a shadow clone in the initial area. Low intelligence monsters will always attack the shadow-clone, instead of the real player.

[System: the brown-rabbits are attacking your shadow-clone, you suffer 0 damage point]

"That was close!" holding her chest, Fanny sighs in relief, "thanks, Rajesh!" She tries to be friendly to her teammates because for now, she needs them to help her finish the quest.

The bronze-skin male elf nods in reply, "Let's stick together!" Rajesh suggests while standing next to Fanny, "so we can protect each other while waiting for our skill to cool down."

'Shoot, I almost forgot about the cool-down system!' Fanny now remembers that she can only use her first skill every 10 seconds and her second skill will be available within 30 seconds. The cool-down system intends for players not to overuse their active-combat-skill. In addition, skill usage costs mana points and each player has a different amount of MP, depending on the player's IQ (intelligence quotient) in real life.

In contrast to the DPS role, a support role, such as Gabriella, only has 2 active skills that she can use during combat. As a tinkering-fairy, she has wind-blade as her first skill and also her main attacking skill. Another one is healing-breeze, which is wind-based healing magic that can heal her entire party over time. In comparison to human-priest healing-light magic, the amount of recovery point of healing breeze is lower, but it applies to the entire party members. While healing light only applies to one target.