Chapter 9: Bad people

In this life, we meet all sorts of people, and for those who are lucky, they are surrounded by allies that they can trust. Unfortunately, that is not for everyone, because most of us are forced to live together with bad people, whether it is someone who you meet on a daily basis or a person that you work with in the office every single day. They smile in front of us while speaking ill in our absence. Regardless of how hard we try to avoid these people, destiny always leads us to them.

***

As she enters the pharmacy, Gabriella accidentally bumps into an elven archer lv-2, Angeline Yeo, it takes her by surprise to find another immortal standing right on the opposite side of the door; regardless she quickly apologizes to the elven archer, "Oh shoot, I'm sorry, I didn't see you there..." even though she thinks it is not completely her fault.

Angeline Yeo abruptly replies while rubbing her sore forehead due to a sudden hit by the door, "No need to apologize, I am the one who should be blamed for standing right in front of the door..."

Gabriella Lopez smiles and gives her a simple nod, 'so she was just eavesdropping on the quarrel between me and Fanny a few moments ago...' Although she has a first bad impression of her new acquaintance, the fairy is more interested in the phenomenon that she is seeing at the moment, "Anyway, can you see a question mark floating above that NPC's head?" she asks out of curiosity while pointing her index finger to the male NPC standing behind the counter table, 'he's quite a handsome elven man, if I may add...' Gabriella giggles, finding that the NPC is exactly her type.

"Which NPC?" Celine turns around, following Gabriella's direction, only to find the shop owner, Hasan who stands idle tending his store like he normally does, "Oh you mean, Hasan? No... I can't see the question mark above his head..."

'Hasan... what an exotic foreign name...'

After confirming her curiosity, Gabriella thinks to cut her conversation with Angeline short, "Oh really... never mind then... see you..." and then flies toward the male NPC.

It piques Angeline's interest in Gabriella's odd demeanor, so the female archer decides to eavesdrop again on what the fairy's about to say toward the store owner, 'I wonder if she can see the quest icon above Hasan's head while I can't...'

Not to mention, there are only three people in the medium-sized pharmacy, two immortals which are Gabriella Lopez and Angeline Yeo, and one NPC, which is Hasan the pharmacist. It gives Angeline the advantage to hear their conversation clearly while standing at the nearest rack to the cashier, pretending to browse the items in the rack.

At the same time, Hasan gasps, finding a tinkering fairy suddenly hovering right in front of him, alas he quickly pulls himself together and acts professional, "Welcome to the pharmacy, dear customer, I am Hasan the pharmacist, how can I serve you?" The blonde, tall elven man then bows at the small fairy.

Gabriella frowns as she cannot see the blue window that usually appears whenever she approaches the NPC with a quest, 'Hmmm... this is strange...well then, why can't I just ask him directly.'

"Mr. Hasan, I wonder if I can help you with something?"

Hasan frowns at her as he stares at Gabriella suspiciously, "I am sorry, I don't know what you are talking about, if you're not coming here to shop, then please kindly leave!"

Agape hearing his answer, Gabriella quickly consults Sara the AI, trying to find answers. "Excuse me, Sara, how can this NPC not give me the quest right away?" Gabriella has adapted to treat Sara nicely, in exchange the AI will treat her the same way.