Chapter 3

The next day came. Aria was still worried about Ohm, just as she was last day. She saw how he was so tensed throughout the rest of the day. When she tried asking what was wrong, he only replied with nothing all the time.

As she walked toward her class, Aria couldn't help but overhear what her schoolmates were talking about.

"Have you heard about the student who went missing?"

"Yeah. They said he never left the school but he was nowhere to be found."

"Really? What do you think happened?"

Aria decided to ignore what she heard and continued walking to the Gifted classroom instead. But it seemed like the student's disappearance was really a hot topic. She heard the journalist club reporting it on Claire's tablet.

"RD Talk is here! The disappearance of the hot guy from Room 7 puts the office on fire! Look at Ms Ladda's face melting in there!" Brief silence. "Breaking news! We got a report of a strange sound coming from the men's toilet! Is it a ghost? Don't worry, RD will get to the bottom of it. Don't be scared."

Aria turned at Ohm, worriedly as she saw how exhausted he was. It seems like he didn't get any sleep thanks to the dark bags under his eyes that gave him away.

"Ohm, is it your friend Folk?" She heard Pang ask as she was making her way to her seat. But she couldn't hear any answer. "Ohm! Ohm!"

"Huh? I don't know." Even his voice sounded tired. Still, he managed to fake a laugh that was too obvious, only making the two more worried.

Mr Pom then entered the room. "Go to your seats." And everyone started moving as he walked towards the middle.

"Before we start today, I have a favour to ask all of you. Did you see a student named Folk from Room 7 yesterday?" But no one answered. "Okay, if no one knows anything, that's fine. But if you hear anything, come to my office and talk to me."

"The other day..." Wave said out of the blue. It made them all turn their heads to look at him in confusion as to why he spoke all of a sudden.

"What, Wave?" Mr Pom asked as confused as the others.

"I see you guys getting tensed up so I want to make you laugh."

"Hey..." Wave pertained to Ohm. "...help me with the line."

"What happens next?" Ohm asked, a little uncertain.

"I saw a student from Room 7 go into the bathroom at the same time as Wichai."

Aria's eyes drifted to Ohm and saw how he tensed up. If he was in the bathroom yesterday, then the other voice that she heard must be that Room 7 student. Folk, the missing student, was also from Room 7. Then...was Wave trying to say...?

"Help me with the line. The joke isn't finished," Wave taunted. "This is not fun. I'll stop telling the joke here. You can watch the rest."

The projector then went on and projected a video without anyone touching the controller. Everyone watched, but Ohm could not.

"I hacked the CCTV as usual," said Wave ever so casually.

"Hacked?" Aria repeated in a lower volume.

"I saw Wichai walk into the bathroom with that student."

The video showed Folk entering the bathroom just like what Wave said.