Chapter 63

That morning...

"What are you going to do, Pang?" Wave asked, sitting on his bed wearing a casual shirt and pants.

Aria was beside him, wearing a patterned blue vest on top of a white blouse and loose jeans. Whilst Pang sat on his bed across them in casual long sleeves and pants, thinking their plan through.

"If you're just going to threaten to expose the virus thing, I don't think it will work," Wave raised the loophole. "We used the same method with the Director, and we lost."

He held Aria's hand tighter that was resting on his lap after being reminded of that event. It was his assurance to her that he was not blaming her anymore. Those days had already ended.

She responded by caressing his hand using her thumb, an assurance to him that she understood. Besides, Wave was right about what he said anyway.

Pang messed up his hair in annoyance. "I don't know what else we can do."

"They are very powerful," Wave reminded him. "They've got the authority, the influence. They wouldn't care about a threat from kids like us. Honestly, Pang, Director Supot is right. If you want to beat the Ministry, you have to use your potential on them."

"How many people do I have to use it on? The Minister, Ms Darin... that wouldn't be enough."

"Why don't the Director do all of this himself?" Aria asked. "Logically speaking, he's much more powerful than the three of us combined. He can easily make the Ministry do as he wishes if he wants to stop the conference."

"I've asked that to Mr Pom. He says the Ministry will listen to us more than to him. And even if I could take down Pichet, the Ministry would find someone to replace him anyway." He sighed in frustration. "I'm not good enough to use my potential on the whole Ministry."

"Our target shouldn't be the Minister then," Aria suggested. Pang had a point when he said the

Ministry could find another Pichet. Therefore, they couldn't eradicate him from the equation. So they had to choose a different target.

"Then what?" Wave asked.

The trio fell into silence, having no idea what they should do next.

Wave sighed in annoyance and looked at the two in disbelief. He rolled his eyes and stood up, taking his hand off Aria. He went to their fridge and took two boxes of chocolate drinks. He threw one at Pang while taking the straw off of the other and inserting it in the box before giving it to Aria and sitting back in his area with a grunt.

"That's all I have. If you can figure something out, I'll let you have it for free. But if you don't, buy one to replace it."

"And Aria?" asked Pang, pointing at the girl, who was enjoying her own box of chocolate milk.

"What of her?"

"Does the same condition applies to her?"

"Of course not," she smugly replied.

Pang looked at her smiling face, disgusted. Then at Wave, who raised a brow at him, as though asking if he had a problem with that. He did not protest anymore and consumed his beverage.

"Have you come up with anything?" he asked.

"I've figured that the Ministry may be too powerful for kids like us to go against. Why don't you try to change that?" Wave suggested. If you could not solve the equation, then change the variables on it.

The trio proceeded to think in silence. Pang broke it when he slurped too loud and came up with an idea.

"We must try to weaken the Ministry."