Chapter 8

"All of you should join different clubs to develop your potential based on your interest," said Mr Pom in front of the class.

Namtarn—who was beside Aria—raised her hand and said, "I want to join the Nursing Club."

"Can I join the Joke Club?" asked Ohm at the back.

"Is it okay not to have any club?" Pang asked.

"Of course, that's what they would want," Aria sighed in her head. Then she asked herself, "In what club should I join?"

She honestly didn't have any idea which one to choose. There were plenty of clubs out there, she must choose one that she liked the most and what would benefit her, one that would help her with her potential.

"Anyone else would like to join a club?" Mr Pom asked.

And then someone coughed. The class turned to where the noise came from and found Claire. She raised her hand and said, "I do."

Claire adjusted her scarf before standing up. "I will join the Drama Club."

°°°

After the class was dismissed, the class went their separate ways. As Aria kept her things inside her bag, Mr Pom called her.

"Aria, follow me to my office."

"Yes."

She turned to her friends who were looking at her, waiting for her and Ohm to finish keeping their things. She gave them a sign not to wait for her anymore, and they responded with a nod.

The four separated their ways outside the Gifted classroom. Aria followed their teacher as his wish while the three proceeded to go to the clinic so Namtarn could apply for the club she liked.

Aria entered his office and found their teacher sitting in front of the desk. He gestured the seat to her, and she gladly took it.

"I want to talk about your potential, Aria," said Mr Pom. "About last night."

The girl nodded. "It was quiet, Sir, that's how I was able to hear their voices."

"Not only that."

That made her raise her eyebrows in curiosity.

"You were also able to locate them."

"Ah, yes, Sir. About that, I realised that if I focus on someone's voice, I'll be able to find them." That was what she did last night.

After Wave helped her realise what had happened, she ran down memory lane to try to unravel exactly how she did what she did. Thanks to that, she found the answer.

A satisfied and proud smile flashed on the teacher's face. "Very good, you seemed to improve over a short period of time."

A big smile was what she replied.

"Can you show it to me? Try and locate a friend of yours."

"I've never done it again but I will give it a try."

Aria reached for her earphones and took both the earbuds off her. And as soon as she did it, a cacophony welcomed her.

Her face immediately crumpled and her hands formed into fists. She may have improved in terms of ability, but she still couldn't control her potential. The loud noises entering her ears were starting to give her headaches. A low whimper escaped from her as she tried her newly acquired skill that didn't seem to work.

Mr Pom worried as he watched the girl almost curl into a ball in pain. Her cries weren't soothing his concern either.

He then stood and shook Aria's arm so she would stop. "That's enough," he said.