Chapter 28

It was hard to get up from bed. As if there was something heavy stacked on top of Aria that she couldn't move a muscle. As if her wrists and ankles were chained. She was exhausted even if all she did last day was study.

Physically, she wasn't drained. But emotionally? She had no idea where to begin.

Since Wave had pushed her away the previous day, she never saw him again. Even at lunch or dinner, there was no him.

Aria was worried. She couldn't concentrate on anything as he was always bugging her mind. There was an urge pushing her to talk to him again, but she thought of giving him space, so she kept her distance.

Aria groaned as she shifted on her bed, rolling to get up. Oh, how emotions can affect anyone physically.

Her messy hair was all over her face as her swollen eyes looked at the time on her digital clock on top of her study table.

7:30 it read.

Another groan came out of her when she realised how late she woke up. She hid her face in both of her hands and smudged it, trying to wear the sleepiness off. She even went to the length of slapping her cheeks hard that she winced and cursed herself for her idiocy.

Aria sighed. Life must go on.

So, she stood up and went straight to the bathroom.

°°°

Even when walking, all Aria's energy seemed to have left her body long ago. Her steps were heavy and her shoulders slumped. Her left hand was caressing her right upper arm, where there was a bandage. It was where Wave accidentally hit her.

It wasn't his fault, though. She knew that very well. He did not intend to make the pieces of his keyboard fly and injure her, did he?

She was not that lucky that her wound would go unnoticed as Namtarn found it, and they started interrogating her about what happened the last time. She didn't disclose any information that she believed Wave wouldn't want anyone to know. Instead, she assured them that everything was fine and that she just got herself wounded by accident.

As she descended on the last staircase, Aria found a few of her gifted classmates together, as if looking at a treasure chest. She couldn't see what exactly it was they were looking at, so she jogged to them.

But to her great regret, it was Wave's destroyed gadgets he mercilessly threw everywhere last day. Her knees weakened at the sight. It was everything he had. Everything he held dear and precious.

"Do these belong to Wave?" Namtarn, beside her, asked.

To answer, Aria nodded shakily.

"I heard a loud banging noise coming from his room," Punn said. "Maybe he is still upset about the mid-term exams."

"No. That's too shallow for him to destroy his toys," Aria said in her head. But again, she had no energy for the day. "They really don't understand him?"

"Seriously?" asked Mon. "Is Wave a type of person who breaks things?"

"Exactly."

"Does this have something to do with that?" Namtarn pointed her eyes at Aria's wound.

And the girl once again sighed and nodded her head as an answer.