Chapter 15

An echo of a scream snapped Aria from her trance. As if she was awakened from sleep. But she was still in school, in her uniform, and... in a hallway?

When did she get there? How did she get there?

Then she heard a bunch of footsteps coming from somewhere. That was the only time she realised that she was not wearing her earphones.

The questions mounting up in her head were bugging her mind, but then she saw the familiar faces of Mon and Pang with unknown people.

She ran to them. "Bathroom," without questions being asked, she told her classmates. She didn't know why she said that, but Aria knew that the scream earlier came from there.

Mon nodded and they ran to the place Aria pointed at. She followed them, too, putting her earphones back that were in her hands the whole time. And there, they found a girl sitting on the floor, towels scattered in front of her.

"Jane, was that your voice?" Mon asked.

A clubmate of theirs went in and tried to reach for her girl. "Jane, what's wrong?"

But unexpectedly, the girl sitting pushed her away, sending her to the tiled floor. "Leave me alone!"

There were gasps at what she had done. Another clubmate of theirs went in to attend to the girl.

"Jane," the Gifted girl called, closing the gap between them. "Jane, calm down." Mon reached for her shoulder. "Jane."

But when Jane turned her head to Mon, she stood up and charged without a prompt, causing another round of gasps.

"Why does it have to be you?!" She had her hands around the Gifted's neck as she tried to strangle her. She kept yelling at her, but the club members who were witnessing what was happening didn't move. Neither did Pang and Aria could.

As Mon had enough, she elbowed the girl's arm, freeing her. She then slid to Jane's side holding her hand so that her back would be opened, and elbowed it, making Jane fall unconscious on the ground.

Their clubmates ran to the sleeping girl to attend to her. "Jane."

"What happened?"

"She was attacked and passed out!"

Aria rushed beside Mon. The girl is obviously overwhelmed by what happened, keeping her speechless and in surprise.

"What? Help her!"

The boys outside went in, but Pang was too surprised to move. Although he didn't fail to see a boy strolling outside the area as if nothing was happening.

"Jane, what's wrong?"

The members of the club took the unconscious girl and rushed her out of the bathroom. Mon followed them, and so did Aria and Pang.

"Move away. Let us through," said Art to a student standing in their way.

"Art, what's going on? Who got hurt?" a girl asked.

The club president brushed her off. "Nothing, it's just a little accident."

But the girl was persistent to know what had happened. "A little accident that caused someone to lose consciousness?"

"Art!" Thankfully, Mon saved him from further interrogation.

"It's nothing. Someone needs my help now, Koi."

Aria looked back, too, and saw Pang running to them. She was worried, but she must not let it get to her too much. She knew what might happen if she did. And Aria didn't want to burden anyone, especially at that rate. Someone else needed the attention.