Chapter 75

A/N: Oh my gosh. I'm shaking while writing this. I was ready to write. I have the ideas and I just need to write. But I can't. I'm speechless as I'm typing this. I want to save the message in the end but I just want to say that writing the last chapter is surreal. I've been writing this for one year and had planned it for over a year now. We've all come so far.

But let me give the message some other time. For now, enjoy the chapter!

°°°

"When will you leave?" Wave asked as he looked down at Aria laying on the grass, head on top of his folded legs. His hands were on his back, acting as a support.

After Pang declared their final choices, they all went back to school and had breakfast while thinking over it. He wanted the decision to be unanimous. Some of them hadn't even had dinner yet. That was why as soon as they arrived, they went straight to the cafeteria to eat.

Then, after their meal, they separated ways. Some went back to their dormitories, some went to the library, and some chose to go back home. Pang chose to go to the Director's office to think and guard the place, while Aria and Wave chose to sit down on the grassy field nearby the Director's office.

And in the middle of the conversation, Wave brought up Aria's departure. College was coming near, therefore, the day of her leaving Thailand to go to Massachusetts was also fast approaching.

He didn't want her to go. But she had to. They had discussed that matter before and Wave gave no complaints as he knew her departure was for her future. And he would not be a hindrance to it.

"We still hadn't set an exact date." When she said "we", Aria meant she and her family. "But I still have to take an SAT and get a high score before I apply to Harvard. So maybe after a month or two."

Wave nodded. He might not be verbal about it, but he was disappointed that she had to leave. But then again, that was for her future. And that mattered more to him than his selfish desire of being with her always. Call him clingy or whatever, but he could care less.

"How long will you stay there?"

Aria's lips formed a thin line as she looked above and calculated. "It will take me four years to finish undergrad school, then two years for my master's degree. If I choose to take a doctorate, I'll spend five to seven more years." She looked him in the eyes to see his reaction. And although at first sight, she thought he wasn't disappointed, just as she expected, Aria saw a hint of it later on.

"So that's approximately six to thirteen years? We'll be part that long?"

She giggled at the last question, reaching for his hair for her to ruffle. "The doctorate is still unsure. Besides, I'll be home every end of terms and maybe on holidays. Six years isn't that long."

Wave took her hand off him and put it on her stomach, but still kept his hand wrapped around hers. "You're not to say what's long and what's not. We've been away for two years, we just saw each other again for a few months--and I've been cruel to you for most of it--and now you'll leave again? That's unfair."

Once more, Aria's laugh echoed around the field at his childish antics while keeping himself mature and stern. But she wouldn't deny it, hearing him say all of that made her want to melt. And definitely, she couldn't deny the sadness of the thought of leaving him. She didn't want to, but she had to. For her future. For their future.

"What is this am I seeing?" A familiar voice made Wave look up to the owner and Aria sat up.

"Namtarn!" Aria jumped from the ground and attacked her friend with a hug so tight that Namtarn failed to breathe for a moment, but still managed to laugh and wrap her arms back at her.