Chapter 54

Ohm got up from laying on the ground and looked around, flustered. The last thing he could remember was that Korn was behind everything, and all his friends were falling unconscious to the ground. Everything could've been just a dream, if not for everyone looking defeated.

"Here." Ohm looked up to see Mon handing him a bottle of water. He accepted it and hydrated himself.

His eyes scanned the room. Everyone was awake except Aria, who was sleeping on the floor. Beside her was her friend——who he doesn't know the name——and Wave on the other side.

Both of them were looking at her in silence, watching her calmly sleep. Sol's eyes drifted up at Wave, who was busy worrying about Aria. He could see his hand on hers, massaging her knuckles. Wave was silently wishing for her to wake up.

Yes, he was well aware that Korn only put them to sleep. But he couldn't help himself but be worried about Aria's well-being. What if she had hit her head on the floor too hard? What if she had an injury and they were not aware of it? Those thoughts bugged him.

Sol remembered his face, he remembered his name. That was the guy who made Aria cry. He wanted to punch him just by thinking about what his friend went through because of him. But he mustn't. He knew Aria wouldn't like it if he went violent. Another thing was that the group were mourning, he couldn't bear to add to their troubles.

Aria's fingers moved. Wave was startled that he instantly took his hand away and stood up, walking backwards as if nothing had happened. Sol questioned his actions, but didn't say or do anything but scoff. Unlike Wave, he wouldn't leave a friend.

Her eyes slowly opened, and Sol's gently smiling face welcomed her. She smiled back tiredly and got up to sit, so he assisted her. As soon as she was seated, he stood up and went to Claire.

"Can I have a bottle?" he asked, and she nodded as an answer.

Sol took the bottle and gave it to his friend, sitting beside her.

"Thank you," Aria muttered.

Silence filled the room. She looked around to see everyone defeated. Her eyes then drifted to Sol. She knew he had a lot of questions he wanted answers to. And she had to give them. She was being unfair to him if she kept her mouth shut.

Aria opened her mouth to explain, but Wave spoke before she could.

"The teachers found out. A junior told them," he said. "Ms Darin is looking for Korn."

"Pang," Punn called, "I think we should help them find Korn."

Mon aggressively stood up from sitting on the sofa above, getting their attention. "What does that mean? Why do we need to help them?"

"What Korn did is criminal. We need to show them that we're innocent."

"By helping them catch Korn? I disagree. We should find Korn before the teachers do so we can find out why he did it."

"Whatever the reason is, he had a chance to tell us yesterday before he gassed you and ran away!"

"Punn," Pang warned.

At that rate, they didn't even care that Sol could hear them. Besides, he was already deep in that rabbit hole for them to throw him out.

The room sighed and silence filled for a moment. But Punn quickly broke it.

"Mon, I understand you. You may think Korn is your closest friend. But Korn is a danger to you and to us all. Don't let your friendship with him confuse you."

Mon sighed. Punn had a point. At that rate, she didn't even know which perspective she was looking at. Was she right? Was she wrong?

"I agree with Mon," Claire declared. "Korn left because he's shocked and scared. I know that. I saw his feelings."