Chapter 38

"Pang! Pang! Pang! What happened? Are you there? Pang! Pang! Can you hear me? Pang!"

"What happened?" Pang asked.

Aria immediately turned back and walked to the two to check how her friend was.

"I should ask you that question," said Wave. "You were standing still when we came in."

Pang's eyes went to Aria beside Wave, who gave him a small, forced smile.

"You okay?" she asked.

Pang only shook his head with a confused look. "I don't think so. I came into the room and..."

The two waited for him to explain, to remember what had happened. But he couldn't seem to.

"I can't remember," Pang complained, confusing the two who just came. Why couldn't he remember? He was supposed to remember what happened just a few minutes ago. It hadn't even been ten minutes, but why was his memory blank?

"Has... someone erased your memories?" Wave asked, making the two turn their heads to him.

"Erased his memories?" Aria had no idea anyone was capable of that. Unless someone had such potential. But who? Who could they be?

"Come on." Aria reached for her friend, holding him on his elbow and pushing him back to his bed. "Sit down for now. Take your head off it and maybe you'll remember a thing."

Pang did as she suggested, but not quite. He sat on his bed and started rummaging through his memories. He must connect what happened between him getting into his dorm room and him snapping out of his trance. But he couldn't. His memories were all hazy and foggy.

Aria went to his mini-kitchen to grab the two of them a glass of water. On her way, she closed the door after looking outside to see if anyone was there snooping around. Maybe someone erased Pang's memories. But the hallway was as silent as the night.

She was too focused on something else as she and Wave were making their way to Pang's dorm. Aria wasn't able to hear anyone who could possibly do that to her friend.

Aria came back to Pang's bedroom, a glass of water in her hand. As she got nearer to the two, she could hear insults coming from Wave.

"Dimwit. Idiot. Stupid."

"Wave," Aria called as a warning. Not only did he keep insulting Pang, but also threw balled papers at him.

She gave her friend the glass of water that Pang only stared at. He didn't take a sip and just played with it before putting it on his bedside table.

"Classroom 8 deserves you."

"Stop it." Aria hit his arm the moment she had made her way beside him, leaning on the open door.

"I can't depend on you for anything, can I?"

"I said I'm sorry," Pang whined, and Aria sighed.

"So? Will your apology bring the folder back? Look, all the research we did is gone."

Their corkboard was indeed empty. Nothing was left behind, as if the thief had ensured that they could never continue any of their plans.

"Your memories have been erased."

Even his memories were swept clean.

"But it's strange. Why didn't the culprit erase all of my memories?"

Maybe not very clean.

"I still remember the info inside the folder."

"So what? We don't know who did it." Wave then looked a little down at Aria. "Didn't you hear anything?"