Chapter 65

The night falls and the sky has gone dark. Aria and Wave have just gotten down from the rooftop where they spent a little of their time for dinner. They must admit, that it's hard to swallow the food knowing that Pang is just outside. They're not even sure if he's eating a delicious meal too like them.

Aria makes a decision not to tell Wave about her being unaffected by the Director's potential. She will try to find Pang tonight and if he knows of it, he will do everything to keep her company and see Pang. But that is exactly what they're preventing to happen.

Wave won't be discounted to let Aria find their friend by herself. He can't ever just sit down and wait for an update when he can be assured by his own eyes. He will find a way, always. But if he does that, he has to inject the virus into himself, something that Aria will never let happen.

It'll break their promise, yes. No more secrets? But this has to be kept. Life is at stake here if she tells Wave.

With intertwined hands and silence, they climb their way to their dormitory room.

Aria sighs that he hears loud and clear.

"What's on your mind?" he asks.

Yet even if the no more secrets promise has been broken, she still keeps the two. "Pang."

"You're thinking of a different guy? And worst of all, my friend?" Wave jokes to lighten up the mood.

She gets the message and smacks him lightly on his shoulder, resulting in a laugh from him.

"I'm worried about him, okay?"

"We all are. But I've told you, we mustn't look for him. Forget about him for now."

"I understand that but I can't help but worry."

Wave stops in front of a door, Aria's dorm room, and faces her. He holds both her hands and looks straight into her face.

"You should rest. It's been a long day for us all."

She nods in understanding. Today is such a tiring day. One of the tiresome in their lives possibly.

Wave drags her to him and encases Aria in a hug that she returns straightaway. He kisses her forehead before pulling away.

"Get rest too," she reminds him before going inside and waving him a good night.

°°°

It's time.

Aria gets up from her bed silently and takes her jacket. She puts it on, grabs her shoes, ties her hair in a low ponytail, and finally, grabs her cellphone from her study table only to drag a box with it. The box falls onto the floor and it opens as it hits the ground causing the content to roll out. It's the virus.

The noise it caused made her dorm mates shift on their beds. Her heart pounds a bit too hard as she remains stoned where she stands. But one of her dorm mates sits up hence she immediately takes the virus, slips it in her jacket's pocket, and she too slips under her blanket. Aria makes sure her back is facing her dorm mate and her whole body is covered.

Aria can't see but she can hear that girl standing up and going to their fridge. This just makes her heart race even more. She takes out a pitcher, a glass, and pours herself a full glass before drinking it straightly.

The girl put the pitcher back in the fridge and the glass on the mini table. But as she's going back to her bed, she notices a small box on the floor near Aria's bed.

She walks towards it causing Aria to hold tightly onto her blanket and pray that her dorm mate won't discover her.

She picks up the box and puts it on the table then goes back to her bed, yawning as she strolls.