I have lost everything.

I was separated from my brother, my parents had just been murdered in front of me, and I was lying there bleeding.

One hour before...
"Hey dad we found some gas." I said as my brother Glenn and I ran up to my parents. "Great! Your mom and I found something I think you guys will like." My dad says as he pulls out two candy bars out of his backpack. "Thanks dad!"I exclaimed as I ran to the car and raced to my seat. Glenn took his share and stayed back to put the gas in. That's when I heard a blood curtailing scream.

I quickly look behind me to see my mom lying on the ground bleeding. "MOM!" I yell as my dad quickly ran over to her. She was stabbed. Before I could even blink a man hiding behind a car shot my dad in the chest. I screamed tears rushing down my cheeks as I watched my dad fall to the ground.

Glenn got into the car as fast as he could and sped away. "What are you doing. We can just leave them there!" I sob as I see my parents grow smaller and smaller through the back window. "We need to go." Glenn said as he pushed on the peddle as hard as he could.

"Who was that man and why did he.." I said not able to finish my sentence. I felt like I was going to throw up. "He must have been trying to take our stuff." Glenn thought aloud. That's when I heard a loud bang. We were slowing down. "Shit! He was following us!" Glenn said as he got out of the car.

"I need you to run into the woods as fast as you can. Go back to where we found the gas. I will meet you there. If I don't show up in about 30 minutes try to find somewhere to stay for the night. Glenn said tearing up while he handed me a gun and my backpack.

"I can't just leave you here with him." I cried. "Go Maven." He shouted. I knew he was serious. He almost never called me Maven. I gave him a quick hug and ran into the forest but stopped to look back.

I saw the man aiming his gun at Glenn. "NO." I screamed as the man turned and shot at me instead. I felt a horrible throbbing pain in my right shoulder. I fell to the floor.

Glenn had got away in the car but there was another man chasing him. I looked up and saw the man who had shot me checked his gun for bullets, then threw it on the floor and began running towards me with a knife in his hand.

I stood up grabbing my knife. As he reached me he sliced my left forearm open causing me to cry out.

Then I stabbed him. I never killed anyone before. After all I was only 10 years old.

I ran as fast as I could to the old mechanic shop where Glenn and I found the gas. I waited there for awhile lying in the floor. "This is the worst day of my entire life." I said staring at my blood covered candy bar. I have lost everything.

I was separated from my brother, my parents had just been murdered in front of me, and I was lying there bleeding.

I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter!! If you have any suggestions/ constructive criticism please comment!
- Phoenix <3