A million other things on my mind.

I rolled my window down all the way and Carl held out his hand. I grabbed onto it as tightly  as I could and he pulled me out of the surround truck. I looked out over everything to see walkers everywhere. "How did you find us?" I asked as he helped Ron out. "I have no idea." Carl said with a chuckle as he grabbed my hand. "I just knew I needed to find you." He whispered in my ear as I looked at him. "Hey! Don't you guys think we should try to get back to safety now?" Ron scoffed angrily.

"Oh yeah sorry." Carl said smiling slyly. "Thank you. If that lasted a second longer I would've jumped." Ron said pointing down at the clawing walkers. "That's not funny Ron." I said full of concern. "I know." He said laughing it off but he seemed serious. I could tell he was hurt. I didn't  know how to help him and maybe I never will know how to.

"Well I thought we would just come the way I got here!" Carl said and then jumped off the truck and onto the side of the wall. "Carl!" I yelled as he grasped onto the wall. "Sounds fine to me." Ron said and then jumped. I let out a small shriek as he grabbed Carl's hand to help him up.

"Okay now you Maven!" Carl yelled from the other side. I hadn't realized that I had been standing there in shock for a few minutes. "Carl I-" "Maven you can do this. I believe in you. Just breathe okay?" he said as I saw Ron climb down on the other side of the wall...annoyed. I could feel a panic attack brewing. I took a deep breath in, closed my eyes, and jumped.

I grasped the wall with one hand. Hanging on for my life as the walkers below reached out for me. "Grab my hand!" Carl yelled. I could hear the fear in his voice. I grabbed his hand once again and he pulled me up quickly. He held onto me. "It's okay Maven. I got you." He said, stroking my hair. I was shaking with fear and could feel how terrified Carl was. "You okay?" Carl asked as he helped me down. "Yeah. I'm fine." I said as we walked to our houses.

I walked in to my house alone hearing  nothing but silence. I ran up to my room and opened my window. There was a ledge that almost looked like a small porch just a few feet away from it so I climbed out and sat on it. I stared out to see the swarm of walkers in the distance. "Please come back safe Glenn." I whispered to myself.

After sitting there for awhile I heard a voice from below call out to me. "Whatcha doin up there Rhee?" "I just needed a breath." I said as I looked down to see Carl staring up at me smiling. Our house was taller than I thought. It must have been at least 20 feet tall. "Mave! I need to ask you something please come down!" Carl yelled interrupting my train of thought. "Okay I'm coming." I said as I went back inside.

When I reached the front door I heard him whispering to himself. "Just don't be an idiot." I slowly opened the door. "Hey. You probably already know this but, I really like you and I was just going to ask if-" "Please- don't finish that sentence."

I could feel my face getting hot. "Why!?" He said his voice full of anger and confusion. "I just need some time. My brother is still out there and I can't be thinking about us right now Carl." I said partly annoyed. His face turned a bright red. "Nevermind." He said as he angrily walked back to his house.

I just stood there for a moment trying to comprehend what had just happened. Did he really just try to ask me that? Couldn't he have thought of a better time to ask me? Not now when there was a million other things on my mind!

I ran upstairs to my room and flopped onto my bed staring at the ceiling. I let out a sigh. "Carl Grimes. You're an idiot sometimes." I said smiling slightly. I closed my eyes and I could feel myself drifting off to sleep and gave in. I slept heavily that night yet I kept waking up. Unable to get much rest.

///////////////////////////

A couple days later I woke up to Ron. "Maven. Hey. Wake up!" "Yeah? What's up?" I said groggily. "Do you need to practice your shooting? Rick is going to teach me today." He said smiling slightly. "Oh cool. No I don't think so why?" I said as I sat up. "Oh uh I was just wondering if you would come with. Just to hang out I guess." He said as his face turned a few shades of pink. "Oh sure just let me get dressed." I said as I got up and opened my closet door.

"Okay! Meet me at Carl's." "K!" I said as I closed the door and got dressed in my usual clothes. I still hadn't answered Carl's nerve-racking question and I was kind of avoiding him for the last couple of days.

When I was all ready I walked to Carl's house and we went to a clearing that was going to be planted crops soon.

"Okay. We need to save the bullets so I'll just teach you how to aim today." Rick said to Ron as Carl and I stood next to each other watching awkwardly. "Mave I'm so sor-" "Yes." I said as I looked him in the eyes. "What?" Carl said sounding surprised. "Life's too short to say no. And plus I think your a good guy pretty boy." I said as I ruffled his hair.

"Say that again." He said now only an inch away from my face. "What? Oh sorry I meant my pretty boy." He kissed me hard and began biting my lip when I pulled away. "Carl! Not here." I said scowling. "Don't tease me like that then." He said as he sat back admiring me.

"Maven look." Carl said as he stared behind me. I turned to see a bunch of green balloons floating high above Alexandria. "Glenn?" I said as I could see Maggie running up to me.

"It's Glenn Maven. It has to be!" Suddenly there was a loud cracking noise behind me. I turned to see one of the buildings outside of Alexandria crashing down. "Shit."I said as it broke down part of the wall and walkers began flooding in.

Wow! I haven't posted in quite awhile! I am so sorry guys. I am now moving and have more family stuff going on so hopefully I can squeeze in time to write more! Thx sm for 600 reads!!  
                                                          -Phoenix <3