Jealousy, Jealousy

The day after we went on the run, I went to the Anderson's house to check on Ron. I knocked on the door and no one answered. I waited for about 2 minutes and then knocked again. This time someone answered. It was Ron. He had a towel wrapped around his waist and his hair was messy and soaked.

"Uhm sorry to bother you. I was just checking in on you!" I said as I could feel my face turn bright red. "It's fine. Thanks I was just in the shower." He said looking down. "Hey, you know how you asked me to go on a double date with Enid and Carl?" He nodded still not looking at me.

"Well I was wondering if you still were up for it? Maybe it will cheer you up, or at least distract you." I said watching him carefully. He gave a soft smile and looked up at me. "That would be great." He said happily and gave me a hug.

"Tomorrow at 6:30 pm at my house?" I asked as he let go of me. "It's a date." He said as he closed the door. I made my way towards Carl's house. I heard Enid was hanging there today so I wanted to ask them if they were up for it.

I knocked on Carl's door and he answered within seconds with Enid behind him. "Ron wanted to have a double date with you guys. Would you two be up for it? It's at my house at 6:30 pm tomorrow." I said seeing Enid smile at me for the first time.

"Sure!" Enid said with a grin. "Okay." Carl said looking at Enid. "Sounds good! See you!" "See you." Carl said as he closed the door behind him.

/////////////////////////

The next day...
I set up our date early. I put up my projector out in my backyard and put some blankets and pillows out for us to sit on. Once I was finished, I ran up to my room to get ready. I crimped my hair, put on some makeup, and slipped on the black dress I had found on our last run.

When I was all ready I went back downstairs to wait for Ron, Carl, and Enid. I grabbed some snacks and brought them outside and when I came back inside I heard a knock at the door. When I answered I saw it was Ron.

He was in a white button down shirt and jeans. "Hey!" I said with a smile as Ron walked in. He was looking me up and down when he said... "Y-you look really beautiful." "Thanks. You look good too." I said as I could see his face turn pink. That's when I heard another knock at the door.

I opened it to see Enid and Carl arm in arm. "Hey Maven!" Enid said smiling. "Hey! I'm glad you could make it!" I said as they both walked in. I could see Carl biting his lip and staring at me. "Hello Carl." I said in a whisper. "H-hi." He said looking me in the eyes.

"I set up a projector out back if you guys want to watch a movie!" I said as I walked toward the back door. "Y-yeah um that sound great." Carl said blushing. "Okay..." I muttered as we walked outside. We all sat down and I started the movie.

About 30 minutes in, Carl and Enid were whispering and laughing just like they had on the run. I sighed and scooted closer to Ron. He seemed flushed and more interested in me than the movie.

"Maven.." Ron whispered under his breath. "Yes?" I said looking up at him. He pulled me in staring at my lips. I saw Carl staring at us from behind Ron. "Kiss me." I said as I could feel him breathing hard.

I felt his lips on mine. His tongue slipping in my mouth every so often. His hand was on the back of my head pushing me in closer to him. Part of me wanted to kiss Ron only to make Carl jealous and the other part of me kinda enjoyed kissing him.

Once I pulled away for some air Ron stared at me with passionate fire in his eyes. He smiled at me and began to watch the movie again. I turned to see Carl looking furious and hurt.

We all continued to watch the movie when Enid tried to kiss Carl. Carl stood up looking embarrassing. "I have to go- to the bathroom." "Okay. I'm going to go get some water." I said as I got up, paused the movie and walked inside.

"What the hell Maven?! I thought- I thought you- never mind." Carl yelled as soon as I closed the door. "Why do you care Carl?! You know, better get back to your girlfriend who you've been whispering to all night. I bet she's sad you didn't make out with her like I did with-" "SHUT UP! I thought you liked me! You kissed me first! You loved me first!" Carl yelled tears in his eyes.

"I-I'm sorry." I said feeling bad. "No- you know what?!" Carl said storming out the door to the backyard. "Stand up." He told Enid. "What now Carl?!" He kissed her.

Wow this is a heated chapter! I hope you liked it!! I think Ron really likes Maven :0 thank you for 200 reads!
                    -Phoenix <3