There's only one way out.

I ran to the nearest window to see who or what had made that horribly loud noise. To my surprise I didn't see what is was coming from. However, there was something more concerning happening in this closed off community. I stared, my eyes wide with fear as I could see people with a W on their heads slaughtering the people of Alexandria.

"Get down everyone! Quick!" I whispered as I ran to the door. "What the hell?!" Carl said loudly as he grabbed his gun. "Shhh Carl! Everyone, stay here. Carl will protect you okay?" "Where do you think you are going Maven? I can t just let you- especially after I-" "First, I need to turn off that God awful siren asap. Then I have to find Ron. I need to know that he's safe."

" No. I'll go. You stay here with the kids a-" " It has to be me. You know that." I said looking him in the eyes. We were only about an inch away from each other's faces now. " Yeah. You're right." Carl said  breathing hard. I leaned in and kisses his forehead lightly as he stared at me carefully.

"Got to go. If it's my last, Goodbye Grimes." I said as I walked out the door. "Maven I l-" I shut the door quickly. Somehow I couldn't bear to hear him say those three beautiful yet terrifying words. It felt like goodbye.

I dressed as one of the murdering intruders, put in a mask so they wouldn't know who it was, and walked out casually. My walk quickly turned into a run and I was off to the direction of which the blaring sound was coming from. Then I made it to a wall. I quickly jumped over and there it was a truck that had been jammed into the wall of Alexandria. I found the source. I quickly opened the truck door to see a walker jump out at me.

It fell on top of me. This walker had a W as well as the killers. I was fighting as its jaw snapped and it's eyes longing for just a bite. Suddenly someone came up behind me and killed the hungry walker. " Thanks-" "Give me all your weapons before I blow your brains out!" A familiar voice yelled. As I could feel a gun go up to my head. I turned to see Ron his hands were shaking uncontrollably and he had fear in his eyes.

I got up quickly and turned off the blasting noise. "I'm not fucking joking! You better-" "Ron, shut the hell up already." I said slightly laughing as I showed my face. "Fuck Maven! Don't do that." He said as he turned around to walk away. "Hey! Come back! Ron! Alexandria needs your help!" I yelled as he continued to walk away.

"Ron please I'm sorry. I-" He stopped dead in his tracks and started running towards me. "GET IN THE TRUCK!" He screamed as I stared at him full of confusion. "What?" I said as he came closer. "GET IN THE GOD DAMN TRUCK!" He yelled as he grabbed my hand and pulled me into the truck.

"What the hell-" "Its the herd. It's headed straight towards Alexandria." Ron whispered breathlessly. "Shit!" I said loudly as I looked out the dirty window. Ron pulled me down and covered my mouth. "Be quiet." He whispered as I laid next to him. I took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry Ron. I never wanted this to happen. Yes, first I was just trying to make Carl jealous but now..." I said closing my eyes. I took another breath and then opened my eyes to see Ron staring at me. "We need to get in there somehow. We need to help them." I said looking into his eyes. "The only person that matters to me... is the person I am sitting next to." He said gazing back at me.

I stared at him momentarily and then began rolling down the truck window. "What are you doing?" Ron said as he grabbed my arm. "There's only one way out. We have to get through them." I said as I pulled my arm away and took out my knife. Walkers were now swarming around us, clawing and scraping at the humongous truck.

"No! No- Maven. There's no way in hell I'm letting you do this." He said as he grabbed my shoulders. "That isn't your decision to make. And besides we have to escape somehow." I said as I began stabbing walkers in the brain.

Ron watched me for a moment, sighed, and then took out his knife. He rolled down his window and started taking out walkers slowly. "You know, sometimes you can be a real pain in the ass." He said laughing slightly.

///////////////////////////

After awhile, we took out many walkers but they just kept coming. Ron and I were now covered in walker blood and the doors were now blocked with bodies. I laid on the floor as I could feel tears forming in my eyes.

Ron glanced over to see me and sat next to me. I turned away not wanting him to see me cry. "How are we going to do this? How will we ever get out?" I whispered as I could feel Ron's eyes on me. "We will. I promise." Ron said as he grabbed my hand and rubbed it lightly.

"We could cover ourselves with walker guts and try to get to the gate?" He said as he pulled my face towards him. "That would never work. There's no way we could get through that crowd. And if we mess up we-" "Die. I know." He said as he wiped my tears off my face.

"And that's the problem. I can't do that. I can't lose you." Ron said as he leaned in. I leaned in close to him, our lips almost touching. Suddenly there was a loud bang on the roof of the truck. "What was that?!" I said pulling away to see.

I rolled down my window quickly. All of a sudden Carl popped down through the open window. His head was upside down and he had a huge smile on his face. "Hello my love, I knew I would find you."

Thank you sm for 400 reads! Sorry it took me so long to post again! My grandma unfortunately died about a week ago. I might take longer breaks now hope you all understand and I hope you enjoyed.
-Phoenix <3