The treehouse.

We had been at Alexandria for a couple days. Carl and I had been being awkward around each other ever since the Ron incident.

Today was the day Glenn, Maggie, and I moved into the house next to Carl and Rick. The house was beautiful. One of my favorite rooms in the house was what I called the library room. It was filled with shelves and shelves of books.

I ran up to my room to empty my backpack. I dumped it all over my new bed and darted back to the library room. I looked through the shelves for most of the day. Shoving all the books in my backpack. I dragged my pack back to my room and put the stacks and stacks of books on a desk in my room, shoved my stuff back into my backpack and collapsed onto the mattress.

That's when I heard a knock at the door. I looked out the window to see it was Ron. I stood there for a second hesitating to go answer the door but after thinking I ran down the stairs.

I opened the door to see him standing there with his hands in his pockets looking down. "Hey!" I said with a smile looking at him. "Oh um hi." He seemed nervous. "I was actually wondering if you would want to come over and hangout?"

"Oh! Sure!" I said as I saw Carl out of the corner of my eye. He was watching Ron and I while he pushed Judith in her stroller. "You know maybe we could ask Carl to hang  too!" I said tilting my head and Carl's direction.

As Ron turned around Carl snapped his head back to watch Judith instead of us. He began to walk away fast, when Ron said "Hey, Carl!" He  looked over our way and waved walking closer.

"We were just wondering if you wanted to hang out with us." Ron said as he looked over at me staring. I stared back at Ron and looked him up and down. He bit his lip and looked away fast. "Oh sure. I'll just be a second. I have to drop off Judith at my house." Carl said breaking the silence. "Okay! Just meet us back at my house when you're done!" I said looking Carl in the eyes he stared back, gave me a smirk and took Judith back to his house.

"Come on in!" I said to Ron. He followed me inside looking around. "Want anything?" "A water please." He said as he sat on the couch. "Coming right up!" I said with a giggle as I glided to the kitchen. I poured two glasses of water, popped some ice cubes in and walked back into the living room to see Glenn handing Ron a picture.

"It's of Maven before it all started." Glenn said with a chuckle. "Glenn!" I said as I set the glasses down so hard water spilled everywhere. I snatched the photo from Ron's hands. "Hey!" Ron said glaring at me. I shoved it into my pocket. Glenn darted out the door to avoid me yelling at him.

"Sorry about him." I said laughing. "He's cool." Ron said with a laugh. We sat on the couch awkwardly for about 30 seconds when Ron interrupted the silence. "So... what do you like to do?"

"Read, draw, write songs- I don't know. When we were out there we didn't have much free time. We only really had time for scavenging, getting rid of walkers, and anything else that would help us survive."

"Wait- you write songs?" "Oh yeah.. I mainly only did that with Beth though." I slipped out. Realizing what I said made me tear up fast.

"You ok?" Ron scooted closer to me as I turned away. I never liked anyone see me cry. Ron reached for my hand, grabbing it lightly. That's when there was a knock at the door. Ron let go of my hand fast and I stood up drying my tears. I rushed to the door and opened it slowly. I saw it was Carl.

My eyes quickly darted to the floor. I could feel his ocean blue eyes on me. "Hey. You ok M?" "Yeah I'm good." I said still looking at the floor. "Did Ron do something to you?!" Carl said as he barged in past me.

He ran over to Ron glaring and clenching his fists. "Carl, Stop! I'm fine!" Carl turned to me. "No you're not." He grabbed Ron by the shirt. "What did you do? You're going to pay. You should know not to mess with-"

"CARL. STOP. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM. IT WAS ABOUT BETH." I yelled to him out of breath. I could feel tears streaming down my face. I ran outside to get some air. I sat on the bench outside my house with my head in my hands.

A second later I heard the door creak open and Carl and Ron's footsteps. Carl sat next to me and put a hand on my shoulder.

I turned and hugged him. He squeezed me tight I could feel his heart beating fast. "You're going to be okay Mav. We all are." I looked up at him and he wiped my tears from under my eyes. Carl turned to Ron. "Sorry again Ron." "It's all good. I totally understand. If- never mind." Ron said looking only at me.

"Shit! I gotta go." Carl said looking at his watch. " I promised Michonne I'd go scavenging with her today!" Carl said as he got up fast. "I'll see you." "See you." I said as Carl jogged over to his house.

So how long have you two known each other? Ron said watching Carl. "We met a little while after it all started." I said looking at him. "Oh cool... Hey do you want to go somewhere?" He said changing the subject.

"Sure. Where?" I said looking up at him. "Follow me." He grabbed my hand and ran to the closest wall of Alexandria. He let go of my hand and climbed up the wall fast. I did the same and jumped down to the other side. We ran into the forest dodging a few walkers on the way.

When we finally stopped, I looked around. "What?" I said with a questioning look. "Look up." He said with a grin. It was a big beautiful treehouse. "Wow! Did you build this?" "No. I found it a little before you and your group arrived... Ladies first." He said putting his arm out.

I climbed up the rope ladder. It didn't feel too sturdy but it was strong enough to hold me. Once I reached the top I glanced down at Ron who was waving at me with a smile.

All of a sudden I felt something grab me by the waist and put a knife up to my throat. "Maven?" Ron yelled worriedly. " Maven... what a pretty name for a pretty girl..." the person whispered in my ear. It sounded like a older man, about Daryls age. "Too bad I might have to slash your throat."

He said pushing the knife closer to my skin. I could feel a drip of blood trickle down my neck and onto the floor. "Ron! Stay down there!" I said in a loud voice trying not to move. "What do you want?" I growled in a low voice so Ron wouldn't hear.

"Bring me all the supplies on this list or you're dead." He whispered in my ear following with a laugh. I slowly reached for my knife. Once it was in my hand I quickly slipped out of his grip causing him to slice my throat. I could feel the blood soak into my shirt. The cut wasn't too deep.

When I looked up at the man he was now holding Ron. "What the hell Ron! I told you to-" "Don't you dare move or your little boyfriend will die." The man interrupted me with a glare. I felt light headed. "Stay still Ron." I said through my teeth as I gripped my knife. I threw the knife and it landed in between the mans eyes.

Ron grabbed the mans arm making sure the knife didn't cut him too. I still felt light headed. I could tell I was loosing a lot of blood. I touched my neck to see my hand covered in it. "Maven? You don't look too good." Ron said with a horrified look. "Thanks." I said jokingly. That's when everything went dark, I felt like I was falling, and then a thud.

Thank you sm for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Also I forgot to say in the last chapter but I changed the cover! I hope you guys like it!
                                        - Phoenix <3