The fight.

I could feel his heartbeat. I felt so cold. I opened my eyes to see Ron carrying me. I wanted to say a million things, but I couldn't speak at all.

"Help me please!" I heard Ron cry out. I could hear the Alexandria gate open and many people shouting. I opened my eyes to see the sun was setting now.  Suddenly I closed my eyes tightly. It hurt to keep them open. I was placed on a bed. I could feel the cool sheets filling up with my blood.

"She has lost too much blood." I don't know if I can save her-" "Please try. Please dad. It's all my fault." I heard Ron say. I felt him grab my hand as I drifted away again.

/////////////

I awoke to yelling. "Why would you bring her there! Don't you know how dangerous it is out there?!" "Why are you acting like I planned for this all to happen? You think I wanted this?"

"Guys..." I said in a low voice. "I was doing a fine job of protecting her until you-" " Guys, I'm okay." I said as I sat up slowly rubbing my eyes.

Both Carl and Ron rushed to my side. "I-I'm so sorry. It's all my fault. I shouldn't have brought you there. I-" "It's okay Ron." I said as I squeezed his arm lightly. "What happened? W-Where is Glenn?"

"After that man let go of me you fell out of the tree house. I'm guessing the reason why you fainted was because of blood loss. My dad said you fractured your right rib and broke your wrist, but you should be out of here in no time." Ron said worriedly.

"And Glenn? Where is he?" "About that.." Carl said looking away. "What. What happened to Glenn?!" I said loudly. Carl looked away grabbing his forehead. "It's not Glenn he's fine. It's just, he was out on a run with Tara, Noah, Nicholas, Eugene, and Aiden. And Aiden and Noah... didn't make it back."

"What h-happened? Why did Noah-" "We don't know anything yet. Glenn and Nicholas are talking to Dianna right now." Carl said looking down and then at me. "I-I can't believe it." I didn't know Noah that well but we were still pretty good friends.

Ron's dad (Pete) marched in quickly. He is Alexandria's main doctor. "Looks like you're awake. How do you feel?" He said in an annoyed tone. "I feel fine. I need to go see my brother." I said as I got up fast. I felt dizzy and could see stars. "Hey! Sit back down!" The doctor said in a loud stern voice. He seemed even more annoyed now.

I sat back down on the bed crossing my arms. Ron's dad scared me. I saw him every night drinking on his porch and I've seen him yell at Jessie many times.

"Ron can you please tell Glenn to come see me as soon as he's done talking to Dianna?" I asked Ron. "Sure. I'll do anything." Ron said worriedly.

"Hey M." Carl said scooting closer to me as he grabbed my hand. "hi." I said looking up at him. "How long have I been out for?" I asked looking at the clock next to the bed. "About 3 days. I was so worried." Carl said looking down.

"Hey. I'm fine Carl." I said looking him in the eyes. He smiled but it quickly faded what he saw my neck. "Is it that bad?" I said touching it carefully. I could feel the stitches. It was still a little sore and it stung when I touched it. "It's pretty bad." He said as he handed me a mirror.

I stared at my reflection. My cheek was bruised lightly and my neck was black and blue and still had some blood around the stitches.

"Ron said you hit your face when you fell." Carl said as he saw me touching my cheek. "You should probably get some more rest. I'll wake you up when Glenn gets here." Carl said as he sat in the chair next to me. "Carl, you don't have to stay by me. You should go get some rest." I said as I laid down grabbing my pillow.

"It's okay Mav. I want to." He said with a yawn."Okay, Good night then." I said as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

////////////////