Lost.

I awoke to Glenn shaking me. "Mav. Maven. Wake up." "What" I said as I smushed my pillow over my head. "There's someone at the door for you." "Who? Why At this time?" I said as I looked at the clock on my nightstand. It read "5:47 a.m."

"It's Carl. He said you guys need to talk." "I don't want to talk to him." I said as I turned over.

"He said it's really important." Glenn said as he peered over at me. "Fine." I said as I got out of bed and grabbed my brush. As I slowly walked down the stairs I combed through my hair quickly. I opened the door aggressively. I had never been a morning person. "What do you want." I screeched.

"Why are you mad at me?" He bursted out his eyes fixated on my half brushed hair. "Well, you said you were going to tell me when Glenn was done having a meeting with Dianna. You didn't do it and instead you decide hang with the girl who despises me for some odd reason.

He stared at me like I was crazy. "Uhm- well I didn't tell you Glenn was done talking to Dianna, because Pete said you needed rest and-" "Why are you here Carl?" I said interrupting him giving him a glare.

"I'm sorry. I don't want us to fight." He said with a somber look. "Why would you hang out with her?" I said ignoring what he said. "Just because you don't like Enid doesn't me I can't hang out with her. The world doesn't just revolve around you Maven." He said loudly in an annoyed voice. "And besides, like you said we're not together."

This hurt. Even though I knew we weren't, it still hurt me to hear him say it.

"Well I have to go." I said closing the door quickly as I could feel tear filling my eyes. "Wait Maven. I wasn't trying to be rude and where do you need to rush off to?" I thought for a second for an excuse. "Um I'm going on a run for some supplies." "Who's going with you?" He asked with a concerned expression. "No one." I blurted out regretting the words that had just sprawled out.

"I'll come with-" "No Carl I can go alone. I don't need a babysitter." I said interrupting him again. "Especially if it's you." I said under my breath.

"You know I'm not going to let you go alone right?" He said tried looking me in the eyes but I just looked away. "Goodbye Carl." I said softly closing the door.

I ran up to my room, grabbed my backpack, and sprinted back downstairs. I opened up the cupboard in the kitchen and grabbed out 2 water bottles and 3 granola bars. Next, I made myself a sandwich, and put it all in my pack.

I glanced at the clock to see it read, "5:58 a.m." I sighed and opened the front door. There was no way I was going to go through the gate. Carl could be waiting there already and I couldn't risk them not letting me go.

I ran to the armory to grab some extra bullets just in case, and then I rushed to the wall with my gun in my hand. I climbed it, shot 3 walkers blocking my way, and climbed down. Once I made it to the other side I ran to the treehouse.

The real reason I had gone out was because I was fixing up the treehouse, not to scavenge. I climbed up the rope ladder and looked around. There was a worn down wooden chair that was mainly covered in bright green moss. I sat on it carefully and started to unzip my backpack when I heard foot steps.

It was either a walker or Carl. I peeked down to see Carl looking up at me. "Seriously Grimes! Can't you just leave me alone?" "I told you I wouldn't let you go alone." He said with a smirk as he climbed up the treehouse.

I ignored him and began unpacking some stuff. "So you lied." "What?" I sneered turning around to look at him. "You lied. You weren't going scavenging." "Yep." I said as I turned back around grabbing many books out of my pack.

"What are you-" "You can go Carl. Like I said I don't need a babysitter." I said interrupting him. "Does Ron know you come here?" He said ignoring what I had said. "Why does it matter?" I said glaring at him as he stared at me for a moment and then looked me up and down. "I-I don't know." He said as he looked away into the distance.

" Get down! There's a heard coming." He said as he pushed me to the floor. He held his finger up to his lips looking me in the eyes. "How many?" I mouthed. He shrugged and looked over the side of the treehouse. "Too much to take out." He whispered.

We waited for about 20 minutes when I stood up and grabbed my pack. "W-What are you doing?" He hissed in a low voice. "I'm going to get rid of them. They obviously know we're here, otherwise they would be gone already." I said loudly. "Stop!" Carl yelled as I loaded my gun and started banging on the side of the treehouse.

"COME AND GET ME!" I yelled as the walkers gathered around. "Maven stop you're going to get yourself killed." Carl said as he held out his hand. "Why do you care anyway? Why don't you go hang out with your new girlfriend Enid!" I scoffed still turned to the walkers as I shot each one.

Carl fell silent. I quickly ran out of bullets and there was still a large amount of walkers left surrounding us. I took my knife out of my bag and began to climb down the rope ladder. "What the hell are you doing Maven?!" Carl said running up to me as he grabbed my arm.

"Let go Carl!" I said squirming to try to get out of his tight grasp. As I yanked my arm away from him I could feel a bruise forming where his hand was as I fell off the rope ladder. I landed on my back and got the wind knocked out of me. I could see walkers circling around me. "MAVEN." I heard Carl yell from above.

I sat up quick, grabbed my knife and stabbed one in the eye, and then another, and another. I heard Carl drop down next to me as I stabbed another walker in the head.

Carl began taking out walkers with me with the knife he had. "Mav this way!" He said running in the direction opposite from Alexandria. I followed and ran after him trying to get away from the groaning walkers.

Once we finally stopped I looked around out of breath with a concerned look on my face. "Carl?" I said shakily. "Yeah?" He said trying to catch his breath as he tied his shoe. "W-Where are we?" I said staring at him.

Carl glanced around looking for the way back home. I heard him gulp. "Shit. I-I don't know."

I could feel a panic attack creeping up on me as I started to breathe more heavily. Carl looked down at me fast. "It's okay M. I'll find our way back." He said sounding unsure.

I grabbed my chest, grasping for air. "M. Maven. Just breathe. Everything is going to be alright." I heard Carl say as he went in for a hug. "It's okay M. I'll protect you no matter what." He whispered in my ear as my breathing finally slowed.

Hey! Thank you for reading!!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you have any feedback I would appreciate it!
                                -Phoenix <3