The kiss.

I followed Carl as he treaded through the forest searching for the path which we had ran away from the walking dead.

He began humming a tune I was unfamiliar with when suddenly he fell silent and began looking around. A small heard of walkers were heading our way. I quickly searched for a place to hide.

The only thing near was a hollowed out tree trunk. I could hear the heard getting closer as I grabbed Carl by the back of his shirt and stepped into the trunk. Carl followed me taking his hat off as he entered the tree trunk.

He stared at me in the eyes. I stared back. I could feel his hand come up to mine but it quickly slipped back to his side. I could hear the walkers passing along as I stared into his ocean blue eyes.

He was staring at my lips. It seemed as if we were both holding our breath. He finally looked away to see the walkers passing. I could feel my heart racing and it wasn't because I was scared for once.

I looked towards the walkers dragging by when I could feel his eyes on me. He was back to staring at me. I looked back at him. "What?" I whispered smirking as he stared at my lips again.

"I never noticed before." He whispered now looking me in the eyes with a serious look. "Noticed what?" I whispered. "O-Oh um never mind." He said nervously scratching his head as he looked down. The walkers had passed now. Carl stepped out and I followed.

"Hey I think we're close to Alexandria!" He said after we were walking for about 5 minutes. He glanced over at me with a smile holding out his hand. I hesitated and then grabbed his hand and we took off.

I could feel to wind in my hair. I looked over at Carl to see him holding his hat on. I giggled and he squeezed my hand tightly. I could feel my lungs burning. I felt kind of free.

Once we stopped we were back at the gate. I stared at it and then glanced over at Carl with a grin. We both climbed the wall quickly and made our way to the other side.

We walked with each other in silence when it was interrupted by a voice in the distance. "Maven! Hey!" I turned around to see Ron rushing toward me.

"Oh hi! What's up?" I said as Carl gave me a look. "Where have you been? I've been looking for you all day." He said out of breath. "I-I was just hanging out with Carl." "Oh yeah right!" Carl said smirking at me.

"Well- I was wondering if you guys would want to go on a double date with Enid and I?" Ron said with a grin. "Oh you two are together?" I said surprisingly.

"No, b-but I was wondering if you would like to start dating me?" He asked as he looked me up and down. "Um I'm so sorry but, I kinda like someone else. M-Maybe we could go as friends?" I asked as I looked at my feet. "O-Oh t-totally." He said looking heart broken.

"Would you want to go Carl?" I said giving him the look. "M-me? Oh uh sure! Yeah!" He said snapping out of a daze.

"Great." Ron said in a sarcastic tone. I watched as he walked away with much less confidence then when he had approached us. "You owe me." Carl said as I turned back around.

"Why? Don't you like Enid?" I said glaring at him with a smirk. "I-I mean yeah, but not like that. I actually like someone else." He said smiling.

"Well what do I owe you then?" I said looking up at him. "Hmmm how about a kiss?" "What?" I said looking him in the eyes. I could feel my heartbeat quickening."A kiss M." He said as I stared into his soft eyes.

"I know I just thought-" Then before I could finish my sentence, I was interrupted with Carl giving me my first ever kiss. I could feel his lips on mine. I had never felt like this. I kissed him back, pulling him in as he grabbed my waist.

When we finally stopped I grasped for air. I could feel his hot breath on my neck. "Thank you." He said as he grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

Next thing I knew he kissed my cheek and the jogged away. I saw him look back at me with a smile. I felt a smile creep onto my face.

Did I really have a crush on Carl Grimes? Did he like me back? Did he notice that I told Ron  I liked someone else?

I bit my lip smiling as I walked home. As I reached my house I saw Carl on his porch with Judith in his lap. He waved at me using Judith's hand. I waved back as I entered my house with a giant grin on my face.

"Well hello there sunshine! Why are you so smiley today?" Maggie said as I entered the kitchen. "Oh no reason!" I said sitting on one of the stools next to the counter.

"Mhm." Maggie said with a smile. "Ron is here he said he wanted to talk to you. He's just in the bathroom. Would you like anything? I'm fixing myself a sandwich." She said as she opened the fridge for some mayonnaise. "Oh okay! No thank you!" I said as I grabbed a book out of my pack.

"What are you reading?" Maggie said putting the Mayo back into the fridge. "Little women." I replied. "Ooh that's a classic!" She said closing the fridge. "Yeah. I've read it many times! It reminds me of my mom. She used to read me it before bed when I was little." I said softly smiling.

"Hey. Can I tell you something if you promise not to tell anyone else?" I said in a low voice as I closed my book. I knew I could trust Maggie with my life."Sure hun. What is it?" She said as she sat next to me.

"I had my first kiss." I blurted out. "With who? Ron? Is that why he wanted to talk?" She asked as she scooted closer to me. "Oh no not Ron. I kissed Carl." I blurted out.

All of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I saw the worst person who could hear that Carl had kissed me. Ron.

Ooh Maven had her first kiss and someone found out 😬. Also just a funny fact... when I was writing Maggie's name it kept auto correcting it to maggots 😂. Anyways I just thought that was funny! Xoxo     - Phoenix <3