The meeting to sort it all out. Or not.

I jolted awake covered in cold sweat. I had a nightmare. I had this terrifying dream once before, it was about Carl and Ron. The only thing I could remember was they had both died. I don't know how, I only remember how scared I was that I had lost them.

It was about a day since Carl had kissed me and Ron and Carl had gotten into a fight about me. I hadn't spoken to them since the incident partially because, I was a bit afraid to.

I stared out my window to see the sun rising slowly from behind some trees in the distance. I glanced over to my clock to see it read: 5:30 a.m. I usually never got up this early mainly because I didn't ever need to, and also because I am not a morning person.

I groaned and got out of bed sleepily. Since no one else was up yet, and I couldn't sleep, I decided I would go to the tree house today. I wanted to fix it up not only for me, but for all of us. By all of us, I mean Ron, Carl, and even Enid.

I decided if I fixed it up, it might bring all of us together. This was my only motivation to get going.

I grabbed some supplies, shoved them into my pack and slung it over my shoulder. I left my house quietly trying not to wake Glenn and Maggie. "What are you doing?" I heard a familiar voice from behind me ask suspiciously as I slowly closed the door behind me.

I stopped dead in my tracks and slowly turned around to see Carl sitting on his porch with a comic in his hand and his arms crossed with a slight grin. "I'm going to the tree house if you must know." I said truthfully as I began walking past his house and toward the closest wall.

"Can I come?"He asked tilting his head do he could look me in the eyes from under his hat. "Um I'm still fixing it up and there isn't much to do but if you really want to-" "Great! Let me grab my backpack really fast." He said as he darted inside his house.

He came out with his pack and we began to walk to the wall. We walked in silence the whole way and occasionally I caught him staring at me out of the corner of his eye. "So... why are you awake this early?" I asked as I began to climb the wall. "Oh- I couldn't sleep." He said watching me and then climbing after me.

"How about you? " he said as we both jumped down. "I couldn't sleep either. I had a horrible nightmare." I accidentally blurted out as I dragged my feet. "About what?" He said looking me in the eyes as he walking stopped for a moment.

"It doesn't matter." I said looking away as I could feel my stomach turning. "Hm okay." He said looking down awkwardly.

We walked to the tree house in silence and when we had arrived I climbed the rope ladder carefully. When I reached the top, I unloaded some supplies as Carl entered the tree house and sat on the old chair.

"Need help with anything?" He said as he opened his pack and started rummaging around in it. "I'm sure I can manage." I said as I looked down. "Oh okay." He said with a slight frown as he took out his comic and began reading.

Awhile later, I was laying on some blankets I had set out and was reading my book, when I heard footsteps coming from below the tree house. Carl quickly put his comic down, and crouched next to me. "It sounds too quick to be a walker." He whispered, scooting closer to me with wide eyes.

The thing was now climbing the rope ladder slowly. I hesitated, but then peered over to see it was not what I had expected. "Ron?" He looked up at me surprised. "Maven what are you doing here?!" He said with a smile but I could see the worry deep in his eyes.

"I've been fixing up the tree house for You, Carl, Enid, and I!" I said happily with a grin as I helped him up. He glanced over and spotted Carl. Ron gave a glare at him, and then looked back at me.

"What is he doing here? Did you invite him here?" Ron asked looking hurt as he put his hand on his temple. " He caught me sneaking out and asked me where I was going!" I said as I glanced at Carl to see him angrily glaring at Ron.

"Well... what were you two doing up here then?" Ron asked awkwardly and then cleared his throat. "Like I said before, I was fixing up the place! Then after I was done for the day, I caught up on some reading." I said looking at Ron as he stared at me.

"And Carl?" He said looking over at him. I glanced over to Carl and he stared back. "I asked her to come with. I of course wasn't going to let her come here alone. Especially after what happed when you brought her here." He sneered rudely.

"You know what Carl?!" Ron said charging at him. "Hey!" I said running between them glancing at my watch. It's almost 11:00. Why don't we head out so we'll make it back in time for lunch. I said giving both of them a look.

We all climbed down and walked back to Alexandria. This time we walked to the gate. Eugene was on gate duty. He slowly opened the gate as he said.. "I was unaware you three had been out." "Oh yeah... we were just out exploring you know." I said looking up at him with a mischievous smile. "Interesting." He said under his breath as we walked past him.

We all separated to go eat lunch. I would have invited them over but I wasn't sure if they could stand each other for much longer. I walked into my house and opened the fridge. I could hear someone marching down the stairs and I looked to see it was Glenn. "Hey." I said closing the fridge. "Hey, where were you this morning?" He asked as he grabbed a water bottle.

"Oh I was just hanging out with some friends." I said casually. "Alright." He said as he began to climb the stairs. "Do you want to go on a run tomorrow? It will be Maggie, Michonne, Me, Rosita, and Abraham who are going so far." He said smiling at me.

"Sure! I'm down!" I said happily. I always loved going on runs with Glenn. He always made it fun. He marched back upstairs as I opened the fridge again expecting to see something new.

"I wasn't that hungry anyways." I said to the fridge as I grabbed a water and ran up to my room.

I took out my sketch pad and began to doodle in it while I drank my water. "Hey Maven!" I heard Glenn yell from his room. "I forgot to tell you there's going to be a meeting tonight." "About what?" I yelled back. "About the fight with Rick and Pete. It's at 6:00 near Dianna's house." "Am I supposed to be there?" I asked remembering I pulled a gun on Rick the day of the fight. 

" No- She said no kids. Just Maggie and I will be at it for awhile tonight." He said now I'm my doorway. " Okay!" I said with a smile.

I heard a knock at the front door followed by Maggie's voice. " She's up in her room honey." I heard someone coming up the stairs as I continued to draw. "Hey, Maggie let me in. " Carl said as I looked up at him. "Hi." I said with a smile as he walked in and sat on my bed.

" Do you want to come over tonight? Ron and Enid are coming over to hang out because the adults have a meeting." He said looking out my window. " Oh sure!" I said with a smile. " Okay sounds good I'll see you later then!" He said as he walked out of my and went back to his house.

I read for a few hours, and eventually go up to get ready to go to Carl's house. I grabbed my pack, combed out my hair, and then set off to Carl's.

I knocked on the door and about a second later, I was greeted by Enid. "Hey." She said bluntly as she looked away from me. " Hey. " I said back with a smirk as I walked past her.

I walked into the living room to see Carl holding judith, Sam playing with Legos on the carpet, and Ron reading a comic in the corner. "Hey guys!" I said my voice full of glee.

"Shut up already." I heard Enid say from behind me. I ignored Enid and sat down. "So... What do you guys want to d-" I was interrupted by blood curdling screams.

Hope you enjoyed!! This is another long one! Thank you for reading! -Phoenix <3