The stranger.

In the morning Sasha and Maggie were gone from the barn. Carl and I were playing with Judith when Carl said. "Hey do you think that water had anything in it?" "No I doubt it, but we can never be too careful." I said as I looked up at him. "Yeah." He said looking me in the eyes.

All of a sudden Sasha and Maggie came bursting into the barn startling Judith. She began crying so I picked her up and rocked her back and forth. She stopped crying and grabbed onto my shirt playing with it.

"Hey, everyone... this is Aaron." Maggie said in a stern voice as she slowly letting a man in. Aaron was a tall thin man with curly hair. He was freshly shaven and looked like he had never killed a walker in his life. I quickly grabbed my gun pointing it at him. I looked over at Carl, to see that he did the same.

"We met him outside. He's by himself. We took all his weapons and his gear." Maggie said eyeing Carl and I.

Daryl started searching him for any other weapons and locked the barn door.

"Hi." He said in a nervous voice. Judith began crying loudly startled by an unfamiliar voice. Carl took her from me and hushed her.

"It's nice to meet you." He said marching toward Rick to shake his hand. Daryl stopped him. "You said he had a weapon?" Rick asked paying no attention to Aaron. Maggie handed him a small hand gun with only a couple bullets in it.

"Is there something you need?" Rick said finally acknowledging Aaron. "He has a camp. It's nearby. He wants us to "audition" to become members." Sasha said looking at Rick.

"I wish there was another word. Audition makes it sound like we are some kind of dance group... That's only on Friday nights." He said with a laugh.

Everyone stared at him. No one even cracked a smile. "A-and it's not a camp... it's a community. I think you all would make some valuable additions.. but it's not my call. My job is to convince you all to follow me back home."

We all looked around at each other. "I know. If I were you I wouldn't go either.. not until I knew exactly what I was getting into. Sasha can you hand Rick my pack?" Aaron said looking toward her.

Sasha slowly walked over handing Rick Aaron's backpack. "In the front pocket there is an envelope." He said. Rick unzipped the front pocket looking at Aaron.

"There's no way I could convince you to come with me just by talking about our community. That's why I brought those... I-i apologize in advance about the picture quality. We just found and old camera store-" "no one gives a shit." Daryl said interrupting him. "Y-your absolutely 100% right." Aaron said looking down as Daryl stared at him in an intimidating way.

Rick opened the envelope I looked over his shoulder to see a metal wall. I tuned out what Aaron was saying. Maybe we could live there. It might be safe. They probably have food. Aaron interrupted my thoughts by saying.."Together we are strong. You can make us even stronger."

Rick looked at him and started quickly walking up to him. Rick punched Aaron in the face knocking him out.

Michonne was mumbling something to Rick in a low voice. I couldn't quite make out what she was saying I could just hear ricks loud voice "We have to secure him." Then he turned to Carl and I and said in a low voice, "dump his pack let's see who this guy really is."

"Everybody else we need eyes in every direction. They're coming for us. We might not know how or when, but they are."

Carl and I dumped out Aaron's backpack there was nothing that suspicious except for a weird looking orange gun. Carl showed Rick.

"A flare gun." Rick said as Aaron began to wake up. "How many of your people are out there?" Rick asked Aaron.

"Does it matter? Will you even believe me? I could say 8 or 25 or 439 how would you trust me?" Rick asked again "How many people are out there with you?" "Only one." Aaron said smirking.

"If you don't believe me telling you about our community and you don't believe the pictures how will you ever believe me?" Aaron said with a discouraged look.

"I know! I could take you there! It would take about half of the day to get there but it would work."

If it's only you and your buddy how will there be enough room for all of us? Rick asked "We drove separate. If we found a big group we would want to be able to bring them all. There's enough room for all of us."

"And your parked just a few miles away right?" Carol said. " E-east on ridge road just after you hit route 16. We wanted to come closer but then the storm blocked our way."

"Wow you've really thought this through." Rick said. "R-rick if I wanted to ambush you I would have done it already. I could have lighted the barn on fire while you all were sleeping and I could've picked you all off as you ran out the only exit. You can trust me."

We all stood there for a second staring at him. Michonne interrupted the silence by saying, "I'll check out the cars-" "There aren't any cars." Rick said interrupting her.

As Rick and Michonne were arguing, Carl and I played with Judith once more. "If this is real.. Judith would be safe." Carl whispered looking at her with a smile. "I hope it's true." I whispered back looking at Carl. "Me too." He said looking at me again.

Rick finally let Michonne go check out the cars. She went with Maggie, Glenn, Abraham, and Rosita.

He sent everyone else to look out for anything suspicious, while he stayed with Aaron and Judith in the barn.

Carl and I climbed up in a tree to look out "Careful up there!" Carol yelled as we climbed as high as we could. It was beautiful. We looked out on a giant forest. I have never seen so many trees in my life. I took a deep breath in of the crisp morning air.

"Wow." Carl said looking out and then looking at me smiling. I smiled back and looked out again. There was no sign of anyone trying to ambush us. We sat up there looking out until the others got back.

This chapter is a little longer than the others but, I hope you liked it!
-Phoenix <3