The whole world is crying.

The next morning, I got ready early to go on a run. I was extremely surprised that we were still going, but maybe some time away from Alexandria was for the better. I slipped On an outfit, combed my hair quickly, and grabbed my bag.

I met Glenn outside to see him packing up the van that Michonne, Maggie, Glenn, and I were riding in. " Hey! Glenn! Got some room for one more?" I heard Michonne yell from behind me.

I turned around quickly to see who Michonne was talking about. I don't know who else I was expecting but of course it was Carl. He waved and smiled at me. I did the same and then we locked eyes.

I couldn't look away. It was like I was compelled to look at his perfectly blue eyes. He stared back at me and looked me up and down. Suddenly, he turned away fast to talk to someone behind him. I couldn't quite tell who it was until I squinted my eyes to see it was Enid.

As Carl and Enid began to approach us, I could hear Enid scoffing quietly to Carl. "What is she doing here?" She glared in my direction. "Hello to you too." I mumbled sarcastically.

I glanced over at Carl to see him staring at her with amusement. I quickly looked away not wanting to look at Enid nor Carl.

"Is there anyone else you forgot to mention was coming?!" I asked Glenn annoyed. "Oh- um yeah... Terra decided after last night, she wanted to get out of here for a day. And Eugene said he would like to escort Tara after what happed last time she went on a run. Also if you want to know why Enid is here, Maggie invited her so please be nice."

"Okay... and how many people are riding with us?" I asked as I looked over to see Enid and Carl talking to each other with big stupid grins. "Uh- Michonne, Carl, Enid, Maggie, me, and you."

"Okay." I said digging in my bag. "Everyone who is riding with us get in!" Glenn yelled as he hopped into the drivers seat. Maggie sat in shotgun, I sat behind Maggie next to Michonne, and Carl and Enid sat in the back.

I sighed as we drove out of Alexandria. I glanced back to see the gate slowly disappearing out of sight as we drove away. Enid and Carl were whispering in the back and once and awhile, Carl would laugh quietly.

I rubbed my eyes and then began to dig inside my pack for my iPod. I attached some earbuds and turned on my playlist called, 'on the road'.

I stared out the window to see it starting to rain lightly. We would pass by a few walkers every so often and I watched through the review mirror to see them begin to follow us and then give up when we got too far away for their liking.

I glanced over to Michonne to see her staring out the window as well. I dug into my backpack once more and took out a book. "Hey Michonne, I think you might enjoy this." I said handing over the book. "Thanks M." She said with a soft smile.

//////////////////////////

When we finally arrived, it was a small shopping mall in the middle of nowhere. "Interesting place for a mall." Rosita said as she got out of the car Eugene, Abraham, Tara, and her were riding in. "This mall wasn't finished yet when the world turned. Let's hope there is something useful inside." Glenn said as he glanced in my direction.

We grabbed a few things. There wasn't much food, and the whole place was untouched. There was only about five walkers inside  the whole building, and Glenn and Tara took them out as soon as they saw them.

I got some new clothes including a beautiful black dress with lace at the top. I wasn't quite sure when I would wear it but it was too beautiful to be left to rot.

Some other non necessary items I got were some makeup, some records, and a Polaroid camera. I again wasn't going to just leave them there to decay when they could be used for some fun!

We packed everything into the cars and began our trip back. It was about a 30 minute drive so I began to take out my iPod when I heard Michonne ask Enid if she wanted to sit next to her. "Sure!" Enid said in a forced and fake voice.

I hopped into the back and Carl followed. He didn't look too happy to be parted from Enid. We sat in silence for about half the way when I took out my iPod again. "Wanna listen?" I asked holding up my earbuds.

"I guess... there's nothing much better to do anyway." He said looking out the window. "Wow." I said glaring at him. "What?" He asked glaring back as Enid did.

"I don't get why you're treating me this way." I said looking down. "What are you talking a-" "She really rubbed off on you." I said as I put one earbud in and turned on the music. Carl stared at me like I was insane, and then popped his in his ear.

I stared out the window once more listening to the rain starting up again. It was as if the world was crying. "Nowadays, if the world could cry, it would be constantly raining." I thought as it began to pour.

I hope you enjoyed! If you want to listen to the playlist Maven was listening to, it is on my Spotify! The playlist is called 'on the road'!! Here is my username: dj776j67 Also thank you sm for 200 reads!
                     -Phoenix <3