+

i was gonna leave it at that and have y'all kind of just come to your own conclusion as to why they were exchanging letters but I wanted to explain it.

they are dating but she feels insecure/anxious dating a guy like rin since he's popular and seen as someone who deserves a lot of respect to other students. unable to face him in person without feeling hesitant or insecure, she begins exchanging letters with him in order to pour out all the emotions she wants to tell him without having to do it face to face.

she's afraid that he won't be able to accept her feelings (even though he already knows of them and feels the same way secretly) so she resorts to showering him with affection to avoid the topic of how insecure she feels at his side. throughout the letters, she mentions how she'd change for him or do certain things to adhere to the standards she thinks she needs to meet in order to be a good girlfriend to him.

towards the end, she realizes that rin likes her the way she is and that she can do whatever she wants with him in public because no one should care about what they do other than her and rin.

rin's letters slowly get longer when he realizes how his relationship with her is improving after her explaining her feelings through these notes. the last letter is the longest but sadly the last note they had ever exchanged in this course of time. they both accept and love each other which is why they stopped doing the letters and began talking about it to each other about it in person.

this entirely was a comfort book for myself because i love rin so much and everything i said in this book came straight from my brain because i really do feel this way about him.

thank you for reading! sorry for lying & baiting you into thinking it was an xreader book LOL! i hope you enjoyed it :)

- chae <3