Chapter Eleven: You Aren't Going

G I A N N A

After the meeting the night was very boring, everyone just went off to do their own thing and I went into my room to shower.

That was until I was interrupted when I was changing. I was in the middle of finding shorts when Nicholas barged into my room while I was in a tank top and thong.

"Have you ever heard about this thing called knocking?" I said harshly as I threw on a pair of shorts.
"There is no way in hell that I'm letting you take on your father's entire mafia alone! Are you insane? You're going to get yourself killed!" Nicholas yelled.

"So this is why you barged in here like an idiot, to lecture me on something I already made my mind up on."
"God why do you have to be so fucking difficult?"

"Me! Fuck why do you care so much if I live or die? You've only known me for a couple weeks, and you barely actually know anything about me!"
"Fuck Gianna, have you ever thought of the possibility that I might like hanging out with you!"

"No I haven't because you're a man whore who just goes to parties and gets drunk and laid!"
"I haven't left this house in weeks because I'm trying to get to know you but you keep shutting me out!"
"Have you ever considered that I don't want you to get to know me!"

"Why! What is so wrong with letting someone in?"
"Oh I don't know? Maybe the fact that you're the enemy and you could use it against me!"
"Do you honestly think I'm that sick?" Nicholas said, looking hurt.

"What do you expect me to think that we're just going to become friends? Our families have hated each other for decades. Whatever happens between us is poisonous and doomed. Nicholas, why can't you see that?"
"Because I refuse to believe that's true."
"Why? All the facts prove that point?"

"Because you're mine and if I accept that fact you won't be."
"Nicholas, I am not yours! We could be friends but not now."
"Why? What is stopping us from being together?"

"God are you fucking blind? Everything is stopping us! You are the enemy!"
"Then make me not be the enemy Gia."
"What?"

"What's wrong?"
"You called me Gia. You remember what happened last time you called me that."
"Gia is a lovely nickname and I'm sure your mother would have wanted you to be called that."

"Ugh you are unbelievable Nicholas."
"Just call me Nick."
"No. Now get out I have a big day tomorrow and need sleep if I'm going to keep myself from getting killed."

"Fine. Goodnight Gia."
"Ugh."

—————
N I C H O L A S

After my fight with Gianna I needed an out and bad, so I headed to my office where we kept all the whiskey.

I didn't even bother with a glass I just drank it right out of the bottle not caring if anyone were to walk through the door. My thoughts were filled with images of Gianna.

Her in that champagne dress at the ball, or her in the gym working out, or her half naked underneath me earlier tonight.

I've never gotten hung up on a girl before. I made a promise to myself that I would never do relationships but with her, god I don't fucking know what I want.

All I know for sure is that she's mine and no one else's. If I'm being honest I'd probably kill anyone who hurt her or even looked at her the wrong way.

I had been drinking for a couple hours and it was close to 2 in the morning so I figured I would go to bed, to try to sleep this off.

But when I walked past Gianna's room I saw her door was still open a bit and she was sleeping.

Without thinking I walked into her room and sat down next to her. I was just going to lay with her until my headache went away, but I ended up falling asleep.

I must have only been asleep for an hour or so because I looked over at the clock and it was only 3:30am. I was going to get up and go to my bed when Gianna rolled over and put her head on my chest and let out a deep breath.

"God you can be fucking difficult sometimes, but you are so beautiful. Goodnight Gia."