Chapter Twelve: A Note

TW Strong Language, Guns
—————
G I A N N A

For the first time in the couple of weeks that I've been staying at the Romano estate I slept through the night, normally I would wake up from the same dream.

Where Marcello killed my mother.

I thought it was because I was going to face him in the morning but it turned out that it was because Nicholas slept in my bed last night.

Normally I'd probably beat his face in but I could smell whiskey on him so I figured he probably got drunk last night, typical fuck boy.

So I just let him sleep in my bed while I took a shower and got ready to see Marcello.

I got dressed in black ripped jeans, a black tank, leather jacket, and black heeled boots, I paired the outfit with a gun strapped to my leg and knife in my boot and bra.

I also made sure my hair was up in a ponytail because I knew today would be messy. By the time I was dressed and ready to go Nicholas was still sleeping so I wrote a note and left it on the nightstand.

Once I got downstairs I was just about through the front door when Matteo stopped me.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked.
"Yeah where do you think you're going? And where's Nicholas?" Luca asked, showing up from the kitchen.

"I'm going to see Marcello, I have some business I need to take care of. As for Nicholas, I think he got drunk last night. He's currently sleeping in my bed. And before you start I didn't do anything with him, I woke up this morning and he was there."

"Nicholas got drunk? Are you sure?" Matteo asked.
"Ya, he smelled strongly of whiskey."
"Something must be up, he never gets that drunk." Luca said, while sharing looks between him and his brother.

"Ok, you two can deal with him. I have things I need to do."
"Ya, ya, ok. And Gianna try to be safe, I don't want to deal with an angry Nicholas." Matteo said, as he walked upstairs probably to check on Nicholas.

"Gianna."
"Ya Luca?"
"Please do try to be safe."

"I promise I'll be back here later tonight, in time for dinner ok."
"Thank you. You're the only sister-like figure I have in my life. I can't lose you."
"Aww Luca, I'm not going anywhere." I said as I pulled him into a hug.

"Goodluck Gianna."
"Thank you Luca."

After my goodbye with Luca I headed to the garage and borrowed a matte black Ferrari, just my style and headed towards the Berlusconi estate.

It was about a two hour drive from the Romano estate and very well hidden, only the members of the Berlusconi mafia knew the location. I pulled into the driveway and walked up the steps like I owned the place.

"MARCELLO FUCKING BERLUSCONI! WHERE ARE YOU!" I yelled in the house.

"Gianna, oh my god you're ok!" Alexandro said as he came running up to me and pulling me into a hug.

"Get the fuck off me. Where is Marcello?"
"Gianna what happened to you?" Milo asked.

"I asked a question now, one of better answer it before I shoot." I said as I pulled the gun out of the holster on my leg.
"Oh please, child put the gun down." Marcello said as he walked down the master staircase.

"YOU! You don't have the right to tell me what to do anymore!" I spat in his face.
"I most certainly do! For fucksake I am your father Gianna."

"You are no father! A father wouldn't kill his wife then lie about it to his daughter! A father wouldn't make a deal with his sons to keep it a secret from his only daughter! A father wouldn't put his daughter through hell but protect his sons! You are not any father of mine!"

"You know?" Milo asked.
"Of course I fucking know!"

"How?" Alexandro asked.
"My memories came back to me when I was at the Romano's."
"You've been there the whole time and haven't killed them yet! Why?"

"Because I'm not some fucking pawn of yours Marcelllo, not anymore!"
"Very well then. Take her to the cellar, torture her then kill her." Marcello said as Milo and Alex reached out to grab my arms just as I shot him in the arm.

"You bitch! You're just like your mother!" Marcello said, as he slapped me across the face.
"FUCK YOU! ROT IN HELL!"

"Get her out of my sight." And with that Marcello walked out the front door to God knows where and my brothers took me to the cellar.

——————
N I C H O L A S

I woke up with a pounding headache. I don't know why I drank that much last night, I'm normally pretty good about watching how much I drink but Gianna just had me stressed.

My bed smells like vanilla and roses, then that's when it hits me. I was in Gianna's bed.

Fuck I probably made a fool of myself last night. I sat up and looked around to see if she was here but of course she wasn't.

I mean it was already 11:30am, so I wasn't too surprised. That was until I looked over to the nightstand and saw a note addressed to me.

Morning sleeping beauty,
Don't worry you didn't make a fool of yourself last night. I didn't even know you were in my bed until this morning when I woke up. I figured you were drunk/hungover this morning so I just let you sleep, don't get used to it. By the time you wake up I'll be long gone to the Berlusconi estate and don't try to find me, the location of the estate is a secret. I promise I'll be safe. See you at dinner.
Gianna

Of course I wasn't going to listen to her note, I was going to try and find her. I swear to god if anyone lays a hand on her.

I headed downstairs to find Matteo and Luca in the gaming room playing video games. For Luca this isn't a surprise but I never see Matteo gaming, he's probably doing it to hang out with Luca since his leg is still healing.

"Oh so the princess has awakened." Matteo said laughing as he killed Luca.
"Shut up. Where's Gianna?"
"She left an hour or two ago." Luca said, as he shot at Matteo in the game.

"And you didn't try to stop her?"
"Nope, that girl is too stubborn. Once she sets her mind to something there's no changing it." Matteo answered.

"Fair enough but do we have any idea where the Berlusconi estate is so we can help her?"
"Nicholas, calm down. She's a very strong assassin, she's going to be just fine. She promised she would be home before dinner." Luca said, dying again.

"I hope you're right on this one."