Chapter Twenty-Six: A Meeting Then

N I C O H L A S

     The past two months were pretty much the same everyday, deal with work shit and fuck around with Gianna. We were both going on missions with each other all the time, needless to say a lot of blood was shed between the both of us, none of it ours. It's hard to believe that six months ago I didn't even know Gianna existed, now I can't get enough of her.

"Boss, we have an issue." One of my men said, coming into my office.
"What seems to be the problem, Vince?" Gianna spoke up from behind me.
"One of our shipments has been robbed." He spoke.
"Who?" Was all I asked, whenever anything of mine went missing I lost it.

"We suspect some of Berlusconi's old men, they seem to be working underground now that he's dead. Although we still haven't figured out who's their leader now considering all their heirs are gone." Vince said.
"Of course they are. Set up a meeting with them so we can make a trade." Gianna said, sitting down on my desk.
"Thank you Vince." I said, as he exited the room.

"Are you insane? You want to set up a meeting between people who want you dead." I yelled.

Of all her plans this had to be the dumbest one yet.

"Trust me if they wanted me dead, they would have already tried." She said, straddling me.
"Oh hell no. You aren't getting out of this that easily." I said, as her hands roamed my body.
"You are no fun, you know that." She pouted.
"I agree." Luca said, walking in with Matteo.

"So what's the plan to deal with Berlusconi's old men?" Matteo asked, pouring himself a glass of whiskey.
"We're going to set up a meeting with them to see what they want." Gianna said, ignoring my protests.
"Isn't that a little risky considering they probably want you dead?" Luca asked.
"See, Luca is on the same page as I am." I groaned as she got off of me.
"Aww man. Here you go." Luca said, passing Matteo $20.

"You had a bet to see who was going to be against me?" I asked, I'm not surprised they bet about everything.
"Well duh, we never want to willingly agree with you. But, unfortunately in this case I'm going to have to side with you aswell." Matteo said.
"So you're all against the idea of setting up a meeting with them?" She asked.

We all just nodded our heads in response.

"Well then I guess you're fine with them continuing to steal parts of our shipments, oh and I guess you're fine with them ruining your reputation." She fired.

I have to give it to her, she knows how to hit a nerve.

"Fine, we can set up a meeting." I groaned, knowing that she won again.
"Well, then I guess it's a good thing Vince has already set one up for tomorrow night." She smiled.
"Little shit." I fired.
"Bite me." She smirked back.
"And that would be our cue to leave." Luca said, walking out with Matteo not far behind.

"Why do you like to test my nerves so much?" I asked.
"Why do you let me?" She questioned.
"It's hot when you try so hard." I smirked back, pulling her onto my lap.
"And it's hot when you get mad." She said with a smile as she pressed kisses along my jawline.
"Nope, we have to go train." I said, standing up.
"Bitch." She groaned.

—————

G I A N N A

     After a ridiculous amount of training over the past 24 hours we are finally outside the meeting spot. Whoever decided to start up the Berlusconi Mafia again is going to fucking die, just like Marcello. This was starting to become a bigger problem than what I asked for.

"Now, all three of you better fucking listen or your dead. Don't speak unless asked a question, let me handle all of the talking." I demanded.
"Yes ma'am." Matteo and Luca said.

At least two of them were going to listen to me.

I pulled down my short black dress and fixed my tights, this was still a meeting and I needed to look professional.

"Glad to see you assholes can actually come through." One of the men said as we walked into a large seating area within the hotel.
"Did you honestly expect us not to come through? You took something that belongs to us." I said.
"Ah, sweet Gianna. Sad to see you switched sides, truly unfortunate." Another man said, coming forward and sat across from us on another large couch.

"Riccardo, long time no see." I said, recognizing the man in front of me.
"So you do remember me, impressive." He said, relaxing into the back of the couch.
"How could I forget the man who trained me. I'm assuming you're the one in charge of this operation?" I asked.
"Incorrect. Our boss likes to remain a secret within us." He said, leaning forward onto his hands.

"If I remember correctly, which I do, you want to make a trade with us." He said, the three boys tensing up beside me.
"Yes, only if you tell your men to back off with the guns." I said, looking at the 20 men surrounding us, all holding guns.
"You heard the lady." He said, as they all took a step back.
"Now, we want our shipment back, but what is it that you want with us? Because it's clear you don't have any use for all that meth." I said.
"You'd be correct. What we want is simply really, our boss just wants to have a conversation with you, Gianna." Riccardo said, leaning back into his seat again.

"No, not happening." Nick said.
"That isn't your call to make." I snapped at him.
"You can't just walk in there alone." He tried.

"Don't listen to the boy Gianna, we wouldn't dare harm you. You are far too valuable to be dead." Riccardo said, standing up.
"How long would I have to stay here?" I asked.
"24 hours, then you are free to go back home. It's simple really." He said, coming towards me.

"If I were you I would take the offer." He said, whispering in my ear.
"Fine, I'll do it." I said.
"Gianna." Nick protested, as I started to walk to the elevator with Riccardo.
"Nick, I'll be fine. You get your shipment back and sorted." I said, pushing him in the direction of the exit. The last thing I needed was him to make a scene.
"What about you?" Matteo asked, coming from behind Nick.
"Here how about this, if I'm not back in 36 hours you can send a search party." I said, seeing them all relax slightly.
"Fine." Nick said, kissing me lightly on the forehead as we went our separate ways.

"Glad to see you made the right decision." Riccardo said, as the elevator doors closed.
"Let's just get this over with." I groaned.
"I would drop the attitude if I were you, boss hates people with a bratty attitude." He said, as we stopped on the 10th floor.
"Who is your boss?" I asked, only to be met with my answer.

There standing in front of me was Marcello, alive and well. And next to him stood Alessio grinning like a fucking idiot.

He's supposed to be dead, they both are. What the actual fuck is happening.

"Gianna, you and I need to have a talk." Marcello said, as two guards grabbed my arms and pushed me into a chair.

Fuck me.