Chapter Twenty-Nine: Brothers

N I C O H L A S

    Two months. It's been two months since Gianna's death, I'm so fucking tired of feeling like this. I want this empty feeling to go away, it's really starting to get on my nerves. Lucky for me Alessio has upheld his part of the agreement by staying out of my way and out of my stuff. No one bothers to deal with us currently which allows me to drink all day in my room. But I'm not as bad as I used to be, I don't drink until lunch. Which I think is an improvement.

"Nicholas, oh Nicholas!" Matteo called, walking right into my room.
"What do you want, dipshit?" I asked.
"Come train with Luca and me."
"Why? I don't feel like beating both of you." I groaned, I really wasn't in the mood.
"Because you don't need to lock yourself in your room all day. Plus you are going to have to come back eventually." He shrugged and walked out.
"Fine, I'm coming." I called after him.

-----

"Do we actually have to do this?" I asked, I didn't feel like fighting in the first place, especially not both of them at the same time.
"No we don't. What do you want to do then?" Luca asked, clearly he was just happy I wasn't in my room anymore.
"I'm going for a swim. I don't really give a shit what you two do." I said and made my way towards the pool.

It was moments like these that I really enjoyed how much money I had. I had the whole pool to myself and didn't have to worry about anyone getting in my way.

I ditched my shirt and shorts, and changed into swim trunks and jumped in. I enjoyed the peace the water gave me, no noise and no distractions. It was like my own little paradise, but this one wasn't meant to last.

"Heads up!" Matteo yelled as he jumped almost on top of me.
"For fuck sake." I groaned, surfacing the water again.
"You can't ditch us that easily." He said, with the biggest shit eating grin.
"Watch out!" Luca yelled, as he jumped in pulling Matteo under the water with him.

"You two can't leave me alone, can you?" I said. I was actually happy with their presence, but they didn't need to know.
"Nope, it's our duty as your younger brothers to piss you off daily. And unfortunately you haven't given us that pleasure the past two months so we have to make up for it." Luca said, his grin matching Matteo's.
"You both suck ass, you know." I said, dunking them both under.

"Fuck that was uncalled for." Matteo said, coming back up.
"No it was expected." Luca said, splashing us in the face like a five year old.
"Oh so this is what we are doing with our spare time." I said, a smile finally forming on my face.
"Guess so." Matteo said, as we started to circle around each other.

Are we five? Yes, yes we are.

This is the type of shit we used to do growing up. Whenever one of us was going through a hard time we all would do stupid shit like this. As dumb as it may seem to just have a water fight with the three of us, it was our way of coping together and move past whatever was holding us back. Sometimes we would do something stupid like egg our parents vehicles, or trash the kitchen, but it always helped. No matter the situation. The only difference was the time to actually get to that point. Like to get to this point it took two months but we got there in the end.

Fuck my brothers. They are a pain in the ass but they understand how I work.

-----

After an hour of destroying each other in the pool we decided to stop and do something more our age. My brothers actually want to go out to, so off to a club we go.

"I can't believe I'm actually going to a club." I said, as we got into the car.
"Us either. When was the last time you went to a club?" Matteo asked, as he drove out of the driveway.
"Umm, probably like three months. I think the last time was when we were in Russia." I said, trying not to focus on the memories from Russia.
"Right well, the club isn't too far from here." Luca said.

-----

"I changed my mind. I don't want to be here." I whined the moment we stepped into the club.
"Calm down princess. We have a VIP section so you don't have to hang around people." Matteo said, pulling me towards a roped off section.
"I hate you both." I groaned as I sat down.

The whole place was crawling with people. I guess that's what we get for coming on a Saturday night.

Girls filled the dance floor like it was their territory and no one else was allowed. The few guys stuck with the girls who probably brought them out there in the first place. As for the rest of the guys, they were all at the bar or seated in the black booths, watching the girls on the dance floor.

I was happy that the whole place was painted black, the only color was from the girls outfits and the lights.

"I'm going to get a drink." I said, heading for the bar.
"Don't get lost." Luca called from behind me.
"Not trying to." I yelled over the loud music.

"Ah, Mr. Romano. Haven't seen you around here in a while." The bartender said as I sat down.
"I guess it has been a while." I said, as I pulled out the stool.
"What can I get for you?" He asked.
"Just a Jack & Coke, thanks." I said, as he walked away.

God, I just want to be back in my room away from all these people. I would have enjoyed myself if I had Gianna, but I guess we can't all have what we want in life. So I guess getting drunk is my next best option.

"Here's your Jack & Coke, Mr. Romano." The bartender said.
"Thanks man, can you keep them coming to my VIP section all night?" I asked, I really didn't feel like coming back here every time I finished a drink. And based on my mood it would be pretty quick.
"Yes of course sir." He said.

I made my way through the crowd of people on the dance floor and back to my seat in record time, only to find a whole bunch of girls in it.

"What the fuck is this?" I asked, as a girl gave Matteo a lap dance.
"Letting loose, you should try it sometime." He fired back, as he took a swig of his drink.
"I'm good, thanks." I groaned, and took a seat as the girls all danced around me, each of them fighting to get my attention.

I guess my reputation is still out there, Nicholas Romano, will sleep with anyone. Fuck gross. Not anymore. The only way I would sleep with any of these women is if they were Gianna, but that isn't possible.

I downed the rest of my drink as another came my way. This cycle continued for the next hour until I was good and drunk and finally let one of the girls give me a lap dance. Not gonna lie it was fucking amazing, I missed the touch of a woman.

I let my hands roam over her body as she traced kisses down my jaw towards the base of my neck. I was seriously getting a hard on. I pushed her off once my next drink arrived, I scanned the room and locked eyes with a girl sitting at the bar. She seems to be watching me, she looks familiar, is that Gianna.

I got up as fast as I could in my drunken state and made my way over there. I was trying my hardest to push through the dancing group of people and got lost inside. But I'm fucking determined, I positive that was Gianna staring at me and I was going to check for myself.

I got out of the dancing swarm of people and made my way to the girl sitting at the bar. I grabbed her arm and turned her to face me.

"Gianna?" I asked quickly. I was also quickly disappointed.
"Can I help you?" She snapped, pulling her arm away from me.
"Sorry, I thought you were someone else." I apologized. I need to go home.
"Clearly, now fuck off asshole." She said, getting off her stool and walking away.

Fuck I need to get my act together, I can be pulling this shit. I need to leave Gianna in the past where she belongs, she's dead and she's not coming back.