Chapter Fourteen: You're Alive?

G I A N N A

    My head was pounding and my whole body ached. I could hear machines beeping around me, I couldn't open my eyes, the light's were just too bright.

It hurt too bad to do anything and for the life of me I couldn't remember why I hurt so badly.

"She's waking up go get the boss." I heard someone say, and someone walked out of the room slamming the door behind them.

That's when it hit me, I had killed my brothers. The worst part was I didn't even feel bad about it.

All of a sudden I could feel tears running down my face but I could only barely open them because of the bright lights. That's when someone walked in the room or should I say someones.

"Doctor what the hell is happening with her?" I heard a man with a very dominant voice ask. He sounded so familiar but I couldn't quite make it out.

"Is she going to be okay?" I heard a younger guy ask, again it sounded familiar.

"Before you boys hurt me just listen. She almost died because of the amount of blood she lost so she is extremely weak right now. Her body doesn't even have the strength to open her eyes right now. However our system detects the same amount of brain activity as someone who were awake so we can assume she's awake currently." I heard who I assumed was the doctor say.

"How long until she gets back her strength?" I heard the man with the dominant voice ask.
"Well she's still very out of it, however I think sometime in the night she'll regain her strength. Especially considering she's been out cold for the past week." The doctor answered.

"Very well then I'll stay with her tonight. Doc you may go home now seeing as she doesn't need anymore treatment." Said the man with the dominant voice.
"Well she will need someone to change her bandages every 12 hours and basically someone to be with her 24/7."
"It's fine, I'll do it."

That was the last thing I heard until the darkness overtook me again.

—————

N I C H O L A S

    After convincing the doctor that Gianna would be fine in my care my next task was convincing my brothers to leave Gianna alone with me.

"Why can't we stay with her too?" Luca asked.
"Ya for once I agree with Luca. We care about her too." Matteo said.
"Because I don't want her to be overwhelmed when she wakes up. Anyways, I have a job for the two of you."

"Why can't you do it?" Luca asked, annoyed.
"Do I really need to pull the, I'm the boss and your older brother card?"
"Fine, we'll do it." Luca agreed.

"But on one condition, you let us know the moment she wakes up." Matteo added.
"Fine. Now I need you too to find everything you can on Marcello since I know him and his sons are behind this."
"Do you think Gianna remembers what happened?" Luca asked.

"My guess is yes but we won't know for certain until she wakes up which won't be for a while considering the fact that it's only 2 in the afternoon."
"Alright alright we're leaving." Matteo said, throwing his hands up in defeat.

After my brothers finally left I could let out the breath that I didn't even know I was holding.

I've been so pissed at everyone for the past week, trying to remain calm was something I wasn't good at. The doctor had to get a lock installed on the inside of Gianna's room to keep me from barging in and yelling at them. I wasn't actually mad at them, in truth I was beyond grateful for the fact that they managed to keep Gianna alive.

I was mad at Marcello and everyone associated with the Berlusconi name, besides Gianna but I guessed she wasn't going to associate with the Berlusconi name anymore.

I figured while I kept an eye on Gianna and while waiting for her to wake up I'd get some work done, so I had one of the maids bring me my computer from my office.

I was thankful that after the first five days the doctors allowed Gianna to be out of the hospital wing in the estate and let her be in her room. It was so hard to see her hooked up to so many machines and in a hospital setting, here she's not hooked up to anything anymore now that the doctors have left and she seems more relaxed. Unlike me I look like a mess. Normally I'm in a suit and my hair is styled, but for the past few days I've just been in sweats and sweaters and letting my curly blonde hair do it's only thing.

As for Gianna I wanted her to be comfortable so I had the nurse put her in a pair of sweats and my sweater because it's so much larger.

"God, when did I stop hating you?" I said aloud only getting small noises back from her as she slept, which brought a small to my face.

Eventually I passed out around 1 in the morning to be woken up by Gianna screaming. I ran over to her and pulled her close to my chest to hopefully calm her down.

"Hey, hey, I'm here okay you're going to be okay." Just as I said that she looked up at me, eyes widened but she looked terrified.

"Nick, I don't think I will."
"Hey, it's going to be okay. You just need to get some rest alright."
"No you don't understand."

"Gianna, can I ask you something?"
"Yes."
"Who did this to you?"
"My brothers but..." Before she could even finish I got up in pure rage.

"Your Brothers? Are You Fucking Kidding Me? They Are Supposed To Protect You Not Hurt You! I'm Going To Kill Them!"
"You can't." She whispered.
"And why the fuck not, look what they have done to you!" I yelled back.

"Because I already did."
"Wait what?" I said as I finally calmed down and went to sit with her again.

She motioned for me to come sit next to her against the headboard, as she rested her head on my chest.
"I found out that Marcello was the one who killed my mother, not your family, and he was planning on killing me. So my guess was he made some sort of plan with your father to make this work. Anyways after I found that out I also found out that my brothers knew and kept it a secret from me. After that Marcello ordered them to torture me then kill me well he escaped. However I managed to escape and kill my brothers in the process. By the way you smell really good." She said as I could feel her falling asleep again.

"God I'm going to kill Marcello."
"Mhmm."
"Goodnight Gia."
"Night Nick."

After a couple minutes I could hear her sleeping so I carefully moved her off me and got her under the covers and just as I was about to go lay in my bed on the other side of the room she spoke up.

"Please come lay with me Nick?"
"God you are going to be the death of me, aren't you." I answered as I kissed the top of her head and fell asleep as well.